6. "no matter what"

december 4, 2022

y/n's pov:

"you." i said as i kissed him. without thinking for even a second, he kissed me back. after a few seconds, i pulled away. laying my head on his shoulder while smiling. i continued to watch the movie, but i could feel his eyes staring at me. he placed his finger on my chin, making me turn my face towards him. he placed another kiss on my lips. 

"you're beautiful." he said as he stared in my eyes

not knowing what to say, i just smiled at him. definitely blushing. 

it was around 7 pm until both of our phones got a notification. it was text from jasmine and julien.

jasmine!! 

hey! u guys should come over :)) we r ordering pizza rn 

shit. this is awkward. 

"we can just drive our own cars there, since your car is here already." i said

"yeah, see you soon." he said winking at me as he left.

i grabbed my shoes and my jacket and got ready to leave. i got there a little bit before joão. i knocked on their door. quickly, jasmine opened the door. 

"heyy!! i missed you!!" she always says that, even if i just saw her.

"is the pizza here?" julien said as he walked out of his room, he looked disappointed when he realized it was just me.

there was another knock, i opened the door and it was joão. julien looked happier. 

"even better" julien said as he winked at joão. joão looked confused.

"god," jasmine said laughing "men are so zesty."

the pizza finally arrived and we all sat on the couch and ate. we all just chatted a bit. while jasmine and julien were talking, me and joão kept making eye contact. 

"guys! i think i'm going to invite over emma." jasmine said. emma? oh fuck. i've hated emma since i met her. jasmine told me i'm overreacting but i swear, she always tries to make me look bad in-front of people. she honestly is just quite rude. i haven't seen her in  awhile though, i only see her if jasmine throws parties and she's usually invited. also. knowing her, she's going to try to flirt with whoever i'm with or whoever she knows i have interest in. i know she will do that with joão.

"emma? are you fucking kidding me jasmine?" i said, obviously mad.

"oh cmon y/n, she isn't that bad. stop being a bitch to her." jasmine said rolling her eyes. don't get me wrong, i love jasmine but i think emma changed her and not in a good way. she doesn't see how bad of a person she is. 

"she's a bitch to me, i never did anything to her." i said, joão and julien said there concerned.

"jasmine, remember when emma punched y/n for no reason?" julien said

"i don't care what you guys say, i'm inviting her over." jasmine said

"i'm leaving then" i said as i got up and got my stuff. jasmine rolled her eyes and started to text emma. i was walking out until i felt a hand on my wrist. it was joão.

"please stay, i'll make sure she doesn't do anything bad. i promise." he said looking into my eyes. i felt bad leaving him, frankly because he would have to be around emma without me. i decided to stay and sat back on the couch next to him.

the doorbell rang, fuck. it was her. 

"hi!! i missed you so much, how are you??" jasmine said as she hugged emma. julien looked away in disgust. 

"hey! i'm good, hi guys," she said looking at joão and julien "y/n."

"hi." i said

"well, whos this?" emma said looking at joão. oh god, i'll pray for him. 

"uh, i'm joão" he said uncomfortably.

time passed and emma was hard core staring at joão. i scooted closer to him, maybe she will get the hint to back off. (alpha 😈😈) but obviously she didn't.

"so, joão, where you from?" she said scooting closer to him.

"portugal." he said scooting away from her

"ouu, that's cool. you single?" she said. somebody needs to humble her.

"yeah.." he said looking over at me.

julien rolled his eyes, "he's talking to someone" he said winking at me.

"well he's single, that's doesn't matter." she said laughing.

"you guys would look cute together!" jasmine said

what the fuck? why would she say that?

"excuse me." i said, getting up from the couch and walking to the bathroom. god i hate her so much. if anything, i think joão would date her over me. she's way prettier than me and always has been.

i stayed in the bathroom for a few more minutes. wiping my eyes, i walked out. i was going to sit down next to joão, but that bitch emma stole my spot. joão mouthed "sorry" at me. i just grabbed my keys and decided to leave. 

"i think i'm going to go home, bye guys" i waved at julien and joão, still being mad at jasmine.

as soon as i stepped foot into my apartment, i started crying. me and joão weren't even dating, why was i like this? 

"you guys would look cute together." 

i kept replaying those words in my head, why would she even say that? it's the emma effect, as soon as she stepped in, jasmine changed. i looked in the mirror and i had mascara running down my eyes. i wiped it off and changed into my pajamas, i just decided to sit down and watch a movie, until i heard a knox at the door. it was joão.

"what are you doing here?" i said as i opened the door

"i wanted to see you, look, i'm sorry about emma-" he said before i paused him

"it's not your fault, jasmine just become a bitch when emma's around." i said, inviting him to come in.

we sat down on the couch as i laid my head on his shoulder. i told him all about emma and how she's always been a jerk. how she used to bully me in middle school and high school, then her and jasmine became best friends. how me and jasmine had been best friends since elementary and she knew that she would bully me but still became friends with her.

"sorry, you probably don't need to hear all about that." i said, realizing i'd been talking for awhile.

"it's okay, honestly, i think you should just drop jasmine." he said looking at me

"i cant, im still friends with you and julien, that would be awkward." i said

"can i ask you a question?" joão said, i nodded. "why were you so upset that emma sat next to me?"

"oh my god," i said laughing "i don't know, i guess i always scared she was going to try to take you from me, she always takes the best people from me." 

joão stared at me after i said that. was that awkward? i looked the other way. 

until he put his hand on my cheek and kissed me.

"you'll always have me, no matter what." he said, i kissed him again.

i had no idea what to write this is kinda cringe ☠️☠️

anyways bro the game today was so good 😩😩😩 6-1 bro. my husband did a great job today too . 😍😍😍