8. "let's take this inside."

hi guys enjoy bye

*knock, knock*

fuck. as we heard the door knock, joão got up off of me and i bolted up. i gave him a shy look. that was awkward. i walked to the door and checked the peep hole.

jasmine? 

i hand signaled joão to come over here and look, he slapped his hand to his mouth in shock. oh god. what do we do? i didn't really care if jasmine saw joão, but this was still awkward. i pushed joão over into the kitchen, knowing she won't be able to see him if just opened the doors

"hey." i said as i opened the door. i looked down at the ground.

"hi y/n, you probably got my call. can i come in and talk?" she said 

"uh," shit what do i say? "i'm a little busy right now." i said

"oh, that's fine. i just wanted to come apologize in person."

"it's fine, really. i don't really care. emma's just crazy." i said smiling a little.

"yeah, she definitely is," she said as she laughed "well, i was thinking maybe sometime soon we should all get together again and hang out. maybe go out for food?"

"oh yeah, that would be cool." i said glancing over in the kitchen as joão smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"cool, i should get going. bye." she said as she left. damn, she's dry.

i closed the door and locked if. looking over at joão, i realized i just agreed to go and get food with joão, julien, and her. it can't be that awkward right?

it's been a few hours since joão left and i had just been sitting on the couch, until my phone ringed.

*text message from jasmine!!*

i opened up my phone and read the message.

jasmine!!

hey guys, so, do you guys want to meet up tn at 6 at this new bar downtown? 

sounds fun. getting drunk? i'm in. even though i'm hella light weight. i texted back saying sure, everybody else also agreed. she sent the address, it wasn't that far away. i decided to get up off the couch for the first time in hours and get ready. i just slipped on a simple outfit. i did. my make-up and my hair and i was ready to go. it was around 5:15 right now and i decided to text joão.

y/n

hey, can u pick me up tn? it's fine if u cant

he replied almost instantly

joão

yeah, of course. be there at 5:45 ;).

why did i get butterflies from that? 

— 

i was scrolling on tiktok, liking all the edits that came up on my fyp. of course. then i heard a knock at the door and almost shit myself. i got up and exited out of my tab. i opened the door and hugged joão, he kissed the top of my head. 

"you look pretty." he said as he looked me up and down

"thank you." i said as i smiled.

we walked down to his car and he opened the passenger side for me. he handed me the aux and i just played my playlist, which we both seem to enjoy. it was around a 15 minute drive to get to the restaurant, not that bad.