The Day before Competition

It is the day before competition. My mom is putting pressure on me to make sure I impress Ms. Abby. Honestly I hope I lose so I can go back home to my old studio. We received the costumes for our dances. In the group I am the lad so my costume is the only one in purple. Maddie's and Kalani's costumes are blue. Kendall's and Jojo's costumes are green. Mackenzie's and Nia's costumes are coral. For the trio it is a dress with ruffle flowers on it. Mine is pink, Nia's is purple and Jojo's is blue. My solo costume is green and black with a hip hop style. Kalani's solo costume is pink and gray with a lyrical style. Maddie's costume is a white and purple long sleeve dress with a lyrical style. The group dance is about everyone in the world being loved by someone. The trio is about all three of us having each other's back. My solo is about me joining the team and saying it is my year to place in the top three at all the competition I compete at. Kalani's solo is about her growing up since she is a teenager. Maddie's solo is about her being jealous of a girl taking her spot, which I think is me.

I walked in studio A when Abby yelled for me to come in. I walked in to see that we were going over the group dance. After practicing the group dance about five times, Maddie, Kalani and I showed the rest of the team our solos. I was the first to do my solo. As I was dancing in the corner of my eye I saw MAddie and Kalani whispering like they were planning something. When I finished my dance Maddie went after me and then Kalani. As Kalani was dancing I was thinking that she would get first in in her category since she is in a different category than me and Maddie. After Kalani danced Jojo, Nia and I did our solo. When we finish dancing Abby said it was flawless. After hours of classes I went back to the hotel and went to bed.