what was Jewel doing to him?

CHAPTER 17

*Sly's office*
Sly closed for the day and he took Jewel with him. They went to Ariana hospital and when they arrived, he told Jewel strictly to stay in the car and she nod her head like an obedient child.
Sly went straight to the cubicle of the secretary. The secretary trembled on seeing Sly.
Sly already knew it was her and instead of wasting his time, he went straight to the point.
Why did you slap Jewel, Sly asked.
She was shocked because she was sure she didn't leave any trace so how did he know?
From shock, her expression changed to that of "caught red handed".
Don't keep me waiting, Sly said dangerously as his eyes flare up with fire.
The secretary started sobbing as she said;
Haven't you noticed that I love you boss, I love you so much that I can do anything for you.
That was the reason I did that to that poor girl.
Sly slapped her real hard and said;
How dare you call her poor girl and who do you think you are?
I picked you from the gutter Isabella, remember that day I found you eating from a bin by the road side, you remember right? I had pity on you and took you in.
Is this how you repay me?
Have you no shame Isabel?
Slapping an innocent girl because of your own selfish desire, Sly said disgusted. He was only holding back his outburst because Isabel was a lady.
You have been sacked and don't show your pathetic face here again, Sly said and gave her the already prepared sack letter.
I will take back the car and the house given to you by the company.
Sir please, don't do this to me, I have nowhere to go, Sir please, She begged pitifully and crying but she was late because Sly was not going to fall for that this time.
Security, Sly called.
Come take this  crazy human being out of this place.
Mr Tyler, I love you, please, please...
Her voice slowly vanishes as the security dragged her away.
Sly started walking out but then he stopped again.
What did he just do?
Why did he go that far for Jewel?
Like he would have just sent someone to do this but he came by himself
He even defended her when Isabel called her a poor girl.
He gave Isabel a slap even when he didn't want to.
Again, the question "what was Jewel doing to him"
He walked to the car and saw Jewel silently waiting and when he got to the car, she hugged him.
His heart accelerate to the highest level and he didn't knew what came over him when he said;
Why not give me a peck.
💜T.B.C.💜