New life

CHAPTER 30

*Sly's Office*
Clara and Carl talked with Jewel and shared stories with her. They laughed and laughed and Jewel saw that they were really fun to be with.
You need to see the look on her face when we told her she was the thief, Carl said laughing.
If not for Mr Tyler who came at that moment, I am sure she would have peed on her pants, Clara added while laughing and Jewel also joined in the laughter.
How do you meet Mr Tyler, Carl asked referring his question to Jewel.
Was it in a restaurant, cinema or somewhere more romantic huh? Carl asked.
Stop that, you are being intrusive, Clara said and hit Carl's arm.
I don't mind, Jewel said.
Mr Tyler is a very kind man, she started.
Really? Carl asked his interest piqued to know more.
Jewel smiled then nod, he actually rescued me from an accident, took me in and treated me, she said.
Awwn, Clara said.
Wow, is that because you are beautiful? Carl asked.
I don't think so, infact this is not my real face, I had a face surgery.
What! They both exclaimed.
Is it wrong? Jewel asked seeing how they exclaimed.
No, it's just surprising to know this is not your real face, Carl said.
Stop that, that sounds hurting, Clara said and hit him again.
Ouch, Carl cried.
Serves you right, Clara said sticking out her tongue to him making Jewel to laugh at how childish they have become.
I wonder how your real face will be, Clara said.
No one would ever notice that this is a face surgery unless they were told, Carl said and wanted to continue but was stopped with a glaring eyes of Clara.
I was just expressing my feelings, Carl said offended.
Don't spoil the fun, let's talk about something else, Clara said discarding that topic.
They continued their fun talks until it was the end of the day.
Jewel truly enjoyed her time with Carl and Clara that she looked forward to meeting them the next day.
She was smiling from ear to ear throughout the day.
Days turn to weeks that Jewel has been staying with Sly.
She has noticed a strange feeling which was lingering in her heart.
Knowing that Sly has rescued her from an accident and knowing how he refused his family for her. She was really delighted but what was this feeling? She could not tell.
He has an habit of teasing her but she didn't hate him one bit.
She has learn a lot of skills in martial art and at least she knows she was good.
No danger seem to be lurking around and perhaps they have given up but she can't conclude yet right?
She has gotten more closer to Carl and Clara.
Carl was a good guy who didn't hide his feelings and always say whatever comes his mind.
His questions sometimes disturbed her and make her feel uncomfortable but she didn't mind.
Clara was a simple lady who live her life simply without any worry. Clara always support her and stand by her side and she has come to put much trust in the lady.
💜T.B.C💜