Seizure

Donte: 14/Jay: 34

I got diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 6 after I was sick. Some days are better than others. The meds don't stop them completely they just reduce the amount I have. Lately I've been having good days but something was telling me that today was not one of those days.
Erin: meds
Me and dad went and took them.
Dad: Donte come on we're going to the district
Donte: coming
Erin: I'll see you later
Me and dad then went to the district. We arrived at the district after stopping for breakfast
Trudy: chuckles and chuckles jr
Dad: hey sarge
Donte: hi
We made our way to the bullpen. I sat with dad at his desk and got started on some homework. I was about an hour in until I felt as if time had slowed down.

Jays pov
We were all at our desks doing paperwork and Donte was sat at mine doing homework. He had been doing it for an hour until Adam noticed something
Adam: Jay?
Jay: yeah
Adam: somethings up with Donte
I turned to face Donte and he was just staring and his face was slightly twitching I knew what it was. Absent Seizure.
Jay: it's fine it's just an absent seizure we just have to wait for it to pass.
Adam: mhm
Within a few seconds Donte began blinking showing that he was back
Jay: you okay?
Donte: yeah. Can you help me with my homework it's confusing me.
Jay: I can try
I tried to help him with his homework. I was explaining it to him but he still didn't understand.
Donte: What the fuck. Fucking bullshit.
He threw his pen down and swept the paper off the desk onto the floor.
Jay: hey calm down
Donte: Its fucking bullshit there's too much and it doesn't make any sense.
His frustration was increasing so I knew it was time for a break before the situation escalated.
Jay: I know. Why don't you take a break and we'll carry on later?
Donte: can i have the iPad?
Jay: Sure

Dontes pov
I was getting frustrated so dad told me to take a break. I asked for the iPad and head to the break room
I was watching a movie on dads iPad until I started to felt weird. Everything felt all glitchy and the talking and laughing from the bullpen was fading away. I tried to make my way to the door but before I reached the handle, everything went black.

Jays pov
We all were just messing around in the bullpen until we heard a loud thud coming from the break room. One thought came to my mind. Donte. I rushed into the break room to see Donte on the floor seizing. His whole body was tense and his head was hitting off the floor. He was grunting and his eyes were rolling. I placed a pillow under his head.
Jay: Sarge
Hank ran into the room
Jay: I need you to start a timer but bear in mind we've already reached about a minute.
Hank got his phone out and started the timer.
Jay: I need you to tell me when we're approaching 5 minutes.
Hank: okay
I keep my gaze on Donte. It begins to sound like he's struggling to breathe. I roll him onto his side and a bunch of bloodied saliva leaks from his mouth.
Jay: shit he bit his tongue.
Hank: Jay we are at 3 minutes on the timer
After Hank said that I knew it would possibly be a trip to med. A few seconds later the convulsions seemed to be slowing down to only small twitches before his body went limp. Hank paused the timer. Donte just laid there for a while
Jay: Hey Donte. Donnie. Come on buddy let me see those blues
After a couple minutes he seemed to have regained consciousness.
Jay: hey buddy
He just stared at me blankly. Turns out he was having another absent seizure.
Jay: Hank I need you to call for an ambulance
Hank went and called for an ambulance and they said they'll be there in up to 5 minutes. After another minute Donte began blinking and trying to speak. No words were coming out. He was trying to move but I laid him back down. He seemed very agitated and confused.
Jay: hey hey your okay just stay laying for me buddy
Donte: h-hurt
Jay: I know kiddo we'll go see uncle Will and Connor to make sure you're okay
Donte: mhm

Donte pov
I felt so confused like nothing made sense. My words felt all jumbled in my head. My head was pounding and my body was aching. I feel as if I can sleep for days. I sat up and dad was next to me. I could hear sirens and this made the intensity of the headache increase.
Donte: hurt.
Dad: it's okay it's Gabby and shay. They gonna check you over and maybe take you to med.
My eyelids felt like bricks and I wanted to sleep. My head fell onto dads shoulder and I was drifting off to sleep.
Dad: you need to stay awake bud
Donte: m tired
Dad: I know but just until you get checked over
Donte: try
I heard footsteps coming towards the break room.

Jays pov
Ambo 61 has arrived. Hank went and let them in and guided them to the room. Donte still seemed very out of it and groggy struggling to stay awake.
Gabby: What happened?
Jay: he had a grand mal seizure which lasted around 4 minutes then i thought he came around but he went into an absent seizure for about a minute.
Shay began taking his vitals.
Gabby: how you feeling D?
Donte: (slurring) sleep
Jay: He still seems very confused like he hasn't fully come around.
While Shay was taking his vitals Dontes eyes kept fluttering shut.
Gabby: Hey D I need you to stay awake for me okay?
Donte: M try
Gabby: good lad
Shay: vitals normal. Heart rate a little high. Because he's not fully come around and slurring I would like to bring him in just as a precaution.
We then made our way to med where Will and Connor waited for us.
Will: Hey Jay
Jay: hi
Will: Right come on trouble.
We made our way to a treatment room where they admitted him.
Connor: did he have his meds this morning?
Jay: yeah
Connor: How have they been working?
Jay: they've been good they have reduced the seizures to at least 2 a week
Connor: that's not too bad. What was he doing before it happened?
Jay: at first he had an absence when doing his homework. I told him to take a break so he went in the break room. A while later we hear a thud I go in and he is seizing. It lasts about 4 minutes then he went straight into an absence for around a minutes.
Connor: I'm gonna run some labs and a ct to see if there are any factors that could have triggered these seizures and to make sure they haven't caused any damage.
April came in to take his labs and take him to CT.
1 hour later
Connor: Labs came back clean and so did CT. I'll leave you to it and I'll check back in a while.
Jay: okay thanks
Donte: sleep
Jay: yeah you can sleep bud
He still seems very out of it but hopefully with sleep he'll be more alert.

3 hours later
Will walks in. Donte is still asleep.
Will: hey
Jay: hey
Will: how's he doing?
Jay: he still seems very out of it so hopefully when he wakes up he'll be better.
Will: you need anything?
Jay: coffee and food please
Will: anything in particular?
Jay: chicken and chips
Will: cool I'll be back in a bit.
Jay: thank you
Connor walks in
Connor: hi Jay
Jay: hi
Connor: as long as he's more alert when he wakes up he'll be able to go home
Jay: that's great thank you
30 minutes later Will walked in with food.
Jay: you are officially my favourite brother.
Will: I'm your my only brother
Jay: exactly
Will rolled his eyes
Will: I hate you
Jay: love you too bro
Hank walked in
Jay: hey sarge
Hank: how's the kid
Jay: good he can go home depending on if he's more alert when he wakes
Hank: that's good. I better head back
Jay and will: see ya
Will: imma go get changed cause shift is starting if I don't see you tonight I'll pop by in the morning if you're still here.
Will left and I fell asleep.

Next morning
Donte Pov
Why am I at med? My head is killing me.
I start moving and groan as my body was aching.
Dad: hey buddy
Donte: D-dad?
Dad: sup kiddo?
Donte: head hurt and my body is aching
Dad: I'll get Connor
Dad went to get Connor
Connor: how we feeling?
Donte: my head it's killing me and my body aches
Connor: that is totally normal seeing as you had 3 bad seizures yesterday
Donte: Shit I had 3?
Dad: hey
Donte: sorry
Connor: yeah kiddo you had 3
Donte: Damn. When can I go home?
Connor: well you seem more alert so whenever you're ready I'll just get the paperwork
Donte: okay
Connor comes back and dad signs the paperwork
Donte: yayyyyy come on dad let's go!!
Dad: okay okay calm down
Connor and dad started laughing and me and dad made our way to the car.
Donte: daadddd
Dad: Donnttteee
Donte: you know I'm your favourite child?
Dad: believe what you like. What do you want?
Donte: McDonald's breakfast please
Dad: fine
We got our McDonald's breakfast then went home.