Sick pt2

A/n I know nothing about the medications and measurements its just a guess

Jays pov
Jay: W-whats happening?
Will: He's having a seizure
Jay: Help him!
Will: Jay you have to stay back
He pushed me out of the room and stayed with me seeing as he couldn't treat Donte.
Nat: April push 1 mg of midazolam
I stood watching from outside and within a minute of the medication, the convulsions finally died down to small twitching before coming to a stop.
Nat then came outside to speak to us.
Nat: We're gonna take him up to CT to see what's going on
Jay: Mhm
I zoned out once again mind racing thinking about everything. While they took him to CT, I wondered around the hospital eventually ending up on the balcony getting some fresh air and called Hank.
Jay: H-Hank
Hank: Kiddo
Jay: I don't know what to do
Hank: What happened?
Jay: He-he had a-a seizure and now th-they took him for a CT
Hank: Damn kid we're on our way okay. Take a deep breath.
Jay: O-okay

No ones pov
Nat took Donte up to CT. Will went looking for Jay. Intelligence arrived.

2pm
Jays pov
I went back to Dontes room and Nat brought him back down. I see Dr Abrams waiting to speak. I know it's not good.
Dr Abrams: The results of his CT show slight swelling in his brain which is caused by the meningitis. I believe this is what caused the seizure. We pushed some mannitol to reduce it so now we just wait. I'm gonna prepare you for the fact that he may have more seizures in the future.
Jay: So your saying he may develop epilepsy?
Dr Abrams: It's a possibility
Jay: Okay I guess I was expecting this seeing as Will already mentioned that this may happen.
Dr Abrams: I'll be back in an hour to take him back up to CT to make sure we brought the swelling down.
I once again zoned out thinking about everything I was told.
3pm
I went for a walk and saw the intelligence unit in the waiting room. Hank saw I was about to break down and signalled for Maggie. Maggie pointed to an empty room and Hank pulled me in there. He pulled me in for a hug and in that very moment I broke down.

Hanks pov
As soon as Jay saw us his eyes went glossy and his breathing was picking up. I knew what was about to happen so I caught Maggies attention who then directed us to an empty room. I pulled Jay in there and gave him a hug. It was right then he began to break down. All that could be heard was Jays heartbreaking sobs.
Hank: Your okay kiddo. Get it out. It's just you and me.
Jay: What if he doesn't make it?
Hank: He will you know why?
Jay: Why?
Hank: Cause he's just like you, strong and will fight like hell.
Jay let out a small chuckle.
Hank: What happened?
Jay: The ct revealed that his brain was swelling. We now just have to wait.
After I saw Jay had calmed down we went down to Dontes room where he still laid heavy under sedation.

4pm
April came in to take more blood then Dr Abrams came back to take him to CT

Jays pov
While Donte was in CT I went to find Will.
Jay: Hey Will
Will: Hey
Jay: You on shift?
Will: No
Jay: Can you do me a favour?
Will: Sure
Jay: Can you go to the house and get me some clothes, Donnie's blanket and his teddy please?
Will: Sure
Jay: Thank you
I then went back into Dontes room. After 20 minutes he was bought back to the room.
Dr Abrams: I put a rush on the results so should receive them soon
Jay: Thank you. How long till he wakes up?
Dr Abrams: Should be a few hours yet
Jay: Okay

Within a couple hours, I heard Donte groan.

6:30pm
Donte Pov
Daddy: Hey buddy
Who said that. I looked around the room but everything was blurry and I felt so confused.
Donte: D-daddy
Daddy: Hey I know you must be confused but that's because of the medicine it should go away in a minute.
Daddy must have seen the confused look on my face
Daddy: How you feeling?
Donte: Tired
Daddy: That's okay kiddo. Im just going to get the doctors to tell them your awake.
Donte: Mhm
Nat and Connor walk in with daddy.
Nat: How you feeling
Donte: Tired
Connor: That's normal kiddo
They then began to talk to daddy.

Jays pov
Nat: The results of the blood test show that he's responding well to the antibiotics we just need to wait it out.
Jay: That's good right?
Nat: Yeah it's better than we expected
Connor: He sure is a fighter
Will then walked in with a bag of clothes, Dontes blanket and his teddy.
Jay: Thanks will
Will: No problem
Jay: Hey kiddo look who's here
Donte: Hi Uncle Will
Will: Hey trouble
This made Donte laugh. It was nice hearing his laugh it was so infectious. Hank then walked in.
Hank: Hey Halstead
Jay: Hi Sarge
Hank: Hey little man
Donte: Hank
Hank: How you feeling?
Donte: Tired but better than this morning
Hank: Good to hear I'll see you later
We all said our byes. Leaving just me and Will.
The visit must have tired Donte out as he almost instantly fell back to sleep.

15 mins later dr Abrams walks in
Dr Abrams: I have the results of the Ct and the swelling has gone down which means he responded well to the medication which I am happy about.
Jay: So no more seizures?
Dr Abrams: Hopefully not but if he does it wouldn't be because of any brain swelling
Jay: Meaning we'll be looking at epilepsy?
Dr Abrams: Possibly
Jay:Okay okay
Dr Abrams: I'll leave yous to it
We then decided to call it a day. Donte was asleep. Will went home and I stayed and slept on the chair. Nurses came to check Dontes vitals through out the night. They hadn't gotten worse and had been improving slightly there was still a while to go.