11 - 13

11. Ardor

"K'uk'ulkan," Shuri panted.

Her legs were wrapped around his waist. The weight of his body against her felt right.

His mouth moved lower down her jaw to her neck. Then, he was sucking her collarbone. His nose parted her shirt collar as it drifted down. She was admittedly a part of the itty-bitty titty community. Being flat-chested had been an insecurity despite loving her body, but Bast did he make her A-cups feel like double-Ds.

---------------------------

12. Proposal

"I want to forge the strongest alliance. Please Shuri, allow me to be your husband."

Namor stood before the council. Attuma and Namora were at his sides, ready to defend or attack despite them being outnumbered (oh, but not outclassed) in Wakanda's royal court. He didn't know what his inner circle thought of his outburst, but they wouldn't argue in front of others. They would always show a united front.

Shuri was so beautiful in the flowing, patterned dress to her ankles. Kente cloth was a Ghanaian textile Wakanda had imported recently she had told him some time before, and her black hoodie and athletic flats gave the outfit American sensibilities. But the kimoyo beads and the golden panther-clawed necklace around that brilliant, long neck were all Wakanda. Truly, he didn't care about fashion. He rarely wore clothes if not for special occasions, but his eyes couldn't leave her poised figure.

The pompous, hulking man M'Baku sat on the throne. Shuri sat at the diagonal benches with the elders and other voting dignitaries.

"Fish-man, with all your dripping, do you think Wakanda is a slip-and-slide?" M'baku began, frowning. "It's custom in Wakandan culture, for the eldest in the room to give permission for speaking. Elder Marwa, permission to speak?"

An older man adorned in a gold kaftan clapped his hand together. "Wakanda is an equal society. Princess Shuri has been propositioned. If she accepts, Ikati tribe will give its full support. Wakanda cannot afford to stand against Talokan."

Gracefully, she bowed to the elder and descended the platform where the voting members sat. Drawing closer to Namor, her kinky-coiled bangs bounced with each of her steps. She stood only a few inches shorter than him, looking him directly in the eyes. From his peripheral vision, Namora clenched her spear that much tighter. Attuma grinned, sensing the tension in the air, either celebration or chaos threatening to burst forth.

Her voice was pure honey; her face serene. M'Baku munched on his carrot rapidly. Elders leaned forward as if they could hear her response before it was spoken.

"Ohh, Namor..." she cooed, stroking the side of his face. "Let's get married and unite our kingdoms."*

"Princes-" He intertwined his hand with her free one but frowned. She stood back.

She clocked him with her shoe. The elders gasped, and he had to wave Namora and Attuma away. One of the Dora Milaje, Ayo, was it? The ever-stone-faced warrior cracked a fleeting smile.

"What's wrong with you? Have you not taken enough for me? What did you seriously think I would say?" Shuri yelled.

And Namor fell more in love.

---------------------------

13. Fandom

His mastery of art was the first thing she noticed upon her second visit to his bedroom. His mural presented them as larger than life, a Talokan God and a furious, clever Black Panther, adorned with gold jewels, locked in battle.

"What is this?" Shuri said, turning to him. She gestured to his artwork that covered the entire wall. This is what he woke up to every day!

Namor followed her from behind, his robes sweeping the floor. "Behold, my mural depicting our soon-come battle. You should always be draped in gold."

"No, no this is fanart, Namor." Shuri shakes her head, trying to stall the laughter. She knew he had a big ego and couldn't handle being mocked. "This is what you'll find on Tumblr. It's akin to the fanfictions I used to write as a young teen on Wattpad."

Namor's confusion was exponential. "You write stories on lily pads? Here, we have tablets or vibranium paper. I know Wakanda must be more evolved than that. "

Shuri pulled at her face. How could she explain the ways of fandom to an immortal god?

-----------

*Shoutout to Ancientflower25 on tumblr! They did a hilarious parody of the Turning Red fanfiction scene. That's where Shuri's line came from.

https://www.tumblr.com/ancientflower25/701383888624287744/i-had-to-do-it