32. Negotiations (Oneshot!)

32. Negotiations 

*takes place after Shuri sees Talokan but before Namor speaks to Queen Ramonda the second time*

Shuri still didn't know how she felt about the afterlife, Bast's ancestral realm. But she knew she wanted to die now. Maybe she could move to Haiti and live under a new name.

When she told Griot to roll the footage of her and Namor's meeting, she wanted them to hear his origin story. Why he was the way he was. They could use that to reason with him as she once tried in the past. She wanted to show the Wakandan council and her guests how she had tried her hardest to prevent war. And also, to show off her negotiation skills just a little. Shuri loved praise.

Her command for her AI to roll the footage until completion no matter what was because M'Baku often ordered it to stop and talked too much. Every time he would make a comment Griot would restart the footage, prolonging a video that should have been under fifteen minutes to an hour. There would be no interruptions, or he and anyone else would miss what was happening.

But Griot had shown too much.

-----------------------

"Princess, have you reconsidered?" He murmured low near her ear. Namor had just asked her to burn the world again. The blue light in the cavern did nothing to tint the fires in his eyes. One of lust and one of retribution.

Even though it was with reluctance, Shuri pulled away from their kiss and smacked his chest. His robe was halfway opened, showing a muscular pec.

She was aghast. "How cheap do you think I am? One kiss and you think that will persuade me? I'll not let you end Riri's life."

Shuri hiked her long-flowing skirt up, ready to leave. Her whole dress was white save for the green and red geometric shapes of her shawl and the colorful jade jewelry around her neck.

When he reached for her, she let him pull her back with no resistance.

"My, how my hands can encase all of you," Namor whispered. His eyes were filled with her as if she were a wonder.

He tangibly felt the shiver go down her spine.

Despite her half-lidded eyes, some stubbornness had to barge its way through. "You'll not convince me of the necessity of her murder for your people."

"That, I do for them. This ..." He paused. Eyes widened a bit, almost unhinged. "I do for me."

Shuri's breath hitched. "I ... I don't even know what to call you" she whispered. She was out of her element here. The big bad wolf staring her down, but she was just little red riding hood trying to get home.

"K'uk'ulkan ... or maybe you'll name me something else," he answered her, pressing kisses down her neck. She angled herself closer to him.

He crossed her arms at the wrist, then pushed her back against the cavern wall. Shuri's eyes were big, and her back involuntarily arched up against him. She gasped from the shock, giving him entry into her mouth.

Never wanting it to be said she let a man overpower her, Shuri tried to gain the upper hand. She gripped his shoulders tighter and kissed him more forcefully. He pushed back just as hard into the kiss. She dug her nails into his forearm.

A soft moan escaped from her lips. It was too much. The feel of him everywhere. His hands spread warmth to her entire body.

Namor mumbled something in his language. It sounded beautiful like he was stringing together a prayer in between his panting.

Briefly, she opened her eyes. His eyes rolled into his head for a moment. Shuri's head was so dizzy. How? How could she have this effect on him?

So softly her voice sang to him. "Oh, King of Talokan."