Chapter 5

Unedited.

P.S. I love reading your in line comments.

"A crest holder's wolf?"

Those words seemed to have appeared out of thin air. The one uttering them had done a great job at masking their presence.

Erebus on the other hand looked as though he had already sensed the stranger lurking in the scattered trail of trees behind us. His wolf had turned swiftly to stand in front of me and block this new person from seeing my face in time.

"Your appearance denotes that you're a crest holder."

From the patting his feet, I could tell that the man had emerged out of the shadows and was now standing in front of us.

"Why can't I mind link you?"

'Didn't you say that every werewolf shares a mind link with you?'

"I cannot practice that without having my own body, just like I can't transfer the crest to you while living inside of you. This form has limitations."

"This doesn't look right. Who are you? And who's that you're hiding behind your back?"

His series of inquiries was followed by leather crunching against ground. The new guy had started walking towards us.

Before he could get closer, Erebus let out a vicious snarl directed towards the stranger making him stop in his tracks again.

"Listen, I mean no harm. I'm the Beta of the Silver Knight pack. I just want to confirm your identity. The sighting of a new crest holder should be reported to the authorities as soon as possible."

'Silver Knight Pack?'

Those people were notorious for having one of the best set of warriors amongst all packs.

'Just my luck. I visit a deserted place that no one usually visits and suddenly the Beta of some warrior pack runs into me and my man-wolf.'

"Man-Wolf?"

Despite the difficult situation at hand, I could sense that Erebus's tone held a subtle touch of mischievousness in it.

'You know. How females have female wolves but I, despite being a girl, have a male wolf hence the... Man-Wolf.'

"He's mind linking his fellows."

Erebus' voice had once again rung in my head, all sense of mischief gone drained out of it. He must've seen the beta's eyes gone hazy.

Hearing him, I tilted my head to the side to sneak a glance at the guy. He was a six foot tall well-built man, looking to be in his mid-twenties. With the distance, I couldn't see his features clearly. The lack of light didn't help either.

"We need to run. No one can know about your existence before I transfer the crest to you. There's a mole in our packs. If they kill you, I will die as well and the kingdom will be left without a king."

'How? If I climb on you now, he'll see my face.'

I was trying my best to ignore how he had said 'our' packs to me. The mate bond was definitely messing with my head.

"I can't even smell any scent on you. Are you a rogue? That's it You need to shift right now."

"Run to the right as soon as I tell you to do so."

Suddenly weird cracking sounds started resonating in the empty grounds making my eyes widen with fear. The Beta of the Silver Knight pack was turning into his wolf.