Chapter 32

"It looks like the demon has agreed to take you in as his bride for life."

My eyebrows furrowed as the word 'bride' started circulating inside my head; Its echoes resembled an ominous bell ringing multiple times to indicate the unfolding of a catastrophe.

Like other creatures, werewolves were proud of their pure lineage. Interspecies matings were looked down upon, relationship between a vampire and werewolf being the worst of all. But if there was anything that was considered a taboo, something even more vile than a vampire-werewolf romance, it was being associated with a demon.

It was rare, but there were stories of it. Werewolves turning to demons for sexual pleasure or romantic love, both ended in terrible disasters. Those werewolves were shunned by their packs and the demons only enjoyed having them as a plaything. Their life was reduced to being an object. No one knew what happened to them after they were forced to leave the werewolf kingdom behind.

'Will the same thing happen to me as well?'

I let my hand drop down Felix' chest as I continued staring blankly at my lap. My eyes were oscillating from left to right portraying the conflicting feelings I was experiencing as countless thoughts swarmed my head.

Not only had I grown attached to a demon, but I had also become his bride.

I was neither a king's mate nor a Demon Wolf's queen. I was a bride, a demon's bride. I was to remain beside him, in this lifetime and even after my life ended. If he dragged me to Hell, I could do nothing but let my feet follow his lead.

I was but a powerless bride.

'A powerless bride.'

"If I weren't seething with anger already, I'd surely have a laugh at your melodramatic reaction."

A familiar velvety voice hauled me out of my trance. I blinked, realizing he had come much closer than before. I could sense the heat radiating off of him. He was standing merely one or two feet away from me.

"Why are you here?"

I asked despite knowing fully well the answer to this. He had sensed my pain and I had accidentally penetrated his mind. He had come searching for me.

"The audacity of this woman..."

I watched from my peripheral vision as Marchosias extended a hand in my direction, in order to grasp my arm but it was stopped midway when Felix wrapped his fingers wrap around Marchosias' wrist hindering his access to me.

A dark look, that I never thought anyone was possible of giving, appeared in Marchosias' gaze. His eyelids lowered and as he raised his eyes again, his irises had turned crimson.

He knew Felix was aware of his condition and he wasn't trying to hide it. The demon was challenging the witch.

"If you still like your arm attached to its socket, let go."

Marchosias' voice had become a bit deeper when he said this in a low toned voice. It sounded scary.

"We can try and see whose arm flies off first."

It was normal of an ancient witch to not be scared of a demon.

The moment you showed weakness to a demon, it was game over for you.

"Felix, go. Come back when you need more blood. We'll talk in detail then."

The hardened expressions on Felix' pale face dropped as I placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, giving him a small nod.

I didn't get to see his reaction as a large hand suddenly wrapped under my bust swiftly dragging me back into a rock-hard chest.

It didn't take him long to wrap his other arm around my shoulders as well.