Chapter 41

You guys fulfilled your part of the deal so here we are! Enjoy!!!

It's heavily unedited.

My senses were being drowned by a hissing cacophony. My ears felt stuffed as if I were standing on top of a mountain. I could hear a distant ringing. The hissing was getting louder and louder. I flinched as a sound resembling that of a chalk being scratched against the board reached me. Subconsciously, I reached up to cover my ears hastily as the sound continued drawing closer and closer.

“…errrr.”

The sounds were coming together to form coherent words.

“…terrr.”

Someone was wailing.

“Masterrr…”

I had shut my eyes close due to the intensity of the strange noises surrounding me from every direction but the appearance of the abrupt gut-wrenching voice made me part my eyelids.

“Ha…”

A strangled gasp escaped my lips as I watched numerous black figures circling in the sky hanging above our heads. Their presence had completely concealed the area. No sunlight was able to penetrate the thick cover their airy bodies had created around us.

“Do not abandon us, masterrrr…”

A shrill voice cried as a black figure leapt towards Marchosias but before it could reach its master, Marchosias lifted his lashes to stare angrily at him. Seeing this the shadow turned still in its place.

‘Marchosias commands thirty legions of demons.’

I recalled the line I once read about Marchosias in a book of Demonology as I continued staring in a mixture of horror and awe at the black skies.

“Master…if you harm a creature who has neither formed a contract with you nor summoned you… You will be punished. Your soul will crack into multiple halves and it’ll be scattered all around the world.”

A hunched shadow, appearing to be an old demon, said this as he approached Marchosias with his head hanging low.

“My actions may seem unreasonable to you, Leviathan, but these… these creatures that have already been shredded were once my comrades. I remember their faces, their voices, their stories. I am and will forever be carrying them with me, just like I carry you all wherever I go.”

Marchosias said as he looked up at the hunched demon. His eyes said it all. They were burning with the thirst to kill.

I remembered these words.

These were the exact words he said to me the first time he took me to the Barren Lands and asked me to pay respect to the dead warriors.

‘He never stopped blaming himself for their death.’

“We understand the sentiments, master but we cannot let you wander to the path of self destruction.”

The demon lowered his head even more to show his submission but his position remained firm. He wasn’t going to move.

“You think you can stop me?”

Marchosias raised an eyebrow as he slowly tilted his head to the side.

“No, master. But we can delay the process of your revenge giving these imbeciles the perfect chance to run for their pathetic lives.”

I looked around to cast a quick glance at our surroundings. The shadow demon was right. The Rogues had already started backing away from this uncanny scene.