Chapter 6

UNEDITED.

"Three hundred and f-forty six."

"Keep going."

"T-Three hundred and f-forty s-seven."

"Just one hundred and fifty three more."

"T-Three h-hundred a-and Argh!"

A strangled gasp escaped my lips as my arms gave up in the middle of a push up making me fall limp on the ground.

"You fell. Now start back from one."

Upon hearing that familiar annoying voice ringing in my head, I couldn't help letting out a loud groan before rolling myself to lie on my back instead of my stomach.

"What were you in your previous life? The Devil?"

"Your King. Now get up and start again."

Instead of listening to the devil's whispers, I draped my arm over my eyes as large puffs of air moved in and out my lungs. This was my tenth set of doing five hundred push-ups and there was more. I had ran God knows how many miles, practiced hand combat for hours and I was currently getting punished because King Erebus thought that I lacked arm strength.

Three months had passed since he first appeared before me and changed my whole world. He- We hadn't shifted on our second and third full moon together as the rumors of a rebellious crest holder with an unidentified girl roaming free were making rounds everywhere. Erebus believed that it was too dangerous for us to shift and accidentally reveal our secret in front of anyone, even my father.

He had been training me every day for the past three months to prepare me for the future challenges before we went to the capital of werewolf kingdom to find his body. Initially he had planned to train me in The Barren Lands as no one usually passed by that area but due to our rendezvous with the Beta of the Silver Knight Pack, we were forced to use the lake of mates. It was winter and no one came here during the nights to bathe. So here I was, sprawled and heaving on the damp ground next to a freezing cold lake as our fourth full moon together shone brightly above our heads.

"Don't ignore me, Thea."

"I didn't sign up for this torture."

"Fighting death is never easy."

"You sure about that? Cause you're making me want to die at this point."

"Don't say that. That's how kings train those who precede them. I've done nothing much."

"I'm pretty sure those new kings don't have to live with the previous kings constantly nagging them inside their head."

"You don't know what they had to live through."

As he said this, a scene flashed before my eyes; I could see a ground drenched with beads of sweats falling from my body. I was seeing it like it was my body but in actual it was man's naked torso that I was staring at. As I looked up, I witnessed that I was surrounded by a belt of large unconscious wolves.

"Huh?"

The scene ended as soon as it had started making a frown settle on my face.

"What was that?"

"A snippet from my training. I was asked to fight six adult wolves as I remained in my human form."

"You can do that?!"

I had leapt up from the ground as I screamed this question in the air.

"One of the perks of being a king, you can not only communicate through voices but also use visuals as well."