Chapter 31

Unedited

Crunching sounds echoed in the dark as I trudged along the gravel path laden with the seeds and fallen leaves from the surrounding trees. The blood covered dress I had been hiding inside my sling bag was weighing less on my shoulders but heavy on my mind.

The werewolf kingdom’s head was on her way to join hand with a creature shunned from the vampire clan.

My hold on the strap of my bag tightened as I picked up my pace.

At times I felt like Marchosias wasn’t as bad as Erebus was making him out to be. He had been handling the werewolf kingdom quite well these past years. Unlike other demon wolves, Marchosias had kept Erebus sane and hadn’t suppressed him entirely. He chose to coexist with him even though he didn’t have to.

On the other hand, he did seem like he was obsessed with the crest. His reasons for keeping me alive were unclear. I had no idea whether he did it for the sake of survival or he truly cared about me.

I needed answers and this seemed like the only way to have that.

My pace slowed down as I noticed a tall figure standing by the cut bank, gazing up at the crescent wordlessly. The black cloak covering his body had merged his existence with the night engulfing the sky, though his head full of silver threads was left uncovered. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that in that moment his hair seemed shinier than the new moon adorning the sky. It looked like he had crushed the moon and sprinkled its dust in his hair and now the moonlight was slipping down his shoulders.

My lips parted in surprise as I realized I had come close to a halt and had been gaping at the runaway vampire prince for some time.

He truly was a predator gifted by the nature to use his looks as his hunting weapon.

I had seen vampires before; their looks never failed to entrance the other creatures. But never had I ever seen a creature more hypnotic than Felix De Cyrus King. Just one glance at him was enough to put any creature into a haze.

This combined with his deadly witch lineage was enough to turn him into a force to be reckoned with.

‘Vampires were stupid to have let this gem go.’

I blinked as letting the trance entrapping me crack.

‘I need him on my side. I’m a rising ruler. I need allies, the more powerful the better.’

“Prince Felix De Cyrus King.”

I called his name with utmost respect suited for a prince from another kingdom while giving him a short nod.

“Crest Holder.”

He didn’t turn to look at me. The vampire’s gaze was fixated on the moon, only his lips moved as he uttered a curt greeting and gave me a small nod back in recognition.

‘I had almost forgotten how cold the vampires are usually.’

It was expected. I had never told him to call me by my name and he didn’t know whether Erebus had accepted me as the queen or not.

‘I need to establish trust between us.’

“Felix, you can have my blood before giving me the information I want.”

He didn’t turn to look at me but his teal eyes glanced at me sideways in inquisition. I could tell what he wanted to say just from that look.

Don’t you think I’d run away after getting your blood?

“If you wish to suppress your witch side for a long time, you need a constant supply of my blood. If you run away after fulfilling your end of the bargain, you’d lose any chances of getting your hands on a crest holder’s blood again. I believe you’re wise enough to know all this already. You won’t betray me. You can’t.”