Soon

"Come on y/n, you can't be sad so much! Its finally summer!" Daniel says.

"Daniel you don't understand," I say.

"What don't I understand? That you had a jerk for a boyfriend and he broke your heart on your one year anniversary? Because I'm pretty sure I understand that," he says.

I stared at him. He was giving me no sympathy.

"Daniel, you wouldn't understand," I tell him.

"What wouldn't I understand?" he asks.

"What it feels to have your heart crushed into a million pieces by someone you loved. Or thought you loved anyway," I tell him.

"Can we just drop this?" he asks.

"Does Danny boy have himself a crush that he's heartbroken about?" I say trying to lighten the mood.

"I said I don't want to talk about it," he says.

"Okay. Fine," I say.

Daniel was right. I need to be happy. It's summer.

"Well I'm sick of this, so what are we going to do?" I ask Daniel.

"Wait, I need to tell you something y/n," Daniel states.

"What?" I ask.

"You're the crush I'm heartbroken by. When you were dating Toby it broke me. I've had a crush on you since we were kids," he says.

I stared at him in shock. Did he really just say that? Of course I liked him, but it felt a bit to soon to rush into a relationship.

"Daniel, I like you too," I say.

"Really? Then will you be my girlfriend?" he asks.

"Daniel, I think it's a bit to soon for me to be in a relationship. Toby and I just broke up a few days ago. I'm not even fully over that fact yet. But soon I'll take you up on the offer," I said with a smile.

"Right. Yeah, sorry," Daniel says.

Daniel gets up and leaves the room. I'm worried I upset him. After a few minutes, Daniel comes upstairs with ice cream and two spoons.

"Ice cream is good for heartbreak right?" he asks.

"Of course," I say while smiling at him.

"I can't wait until you get over Toby so you'll be mine," he says.

"Soon," I say.

"Soon," he says in reply.

He handed me the ice cream and spoon. Soon we would be together. Soon.

A/N

So this was incredible crappy and I'm sorry. Anyway, thanks for over a hundred reads! That's crazy. Comment some imagine requests it you have any. 💕