Parenthood

"Y/N!" I hear Daniel yell from the nursery.

I walked up the stairs to find Daniel trying to change our daughter's diaper.

"What?" I ask.

"Where are the wipes?" he asks nervously.

"They're right here," I say while handing him the wipes.

"Thanks babe. I don't know what I would do without you," he says and kisses me.

"I don't know either, now change Lucy's diaper before she starts screaming," I say and laugh.

"Right. Yeah I'll do that," he says and puts Lucy on the changing table.

I walk out of the nursery and laugh.

Lucy was a month old and Daniel and I were still adjusting. It was hard having to take care of another human. Daniel was doing very good with her. He would rock her to sleep and sing to her constantly. Every time he would start singing she would get the biggest grin on her face. She had him wrapped around her little finger already.

"Y/N!" I hear Daniel yell again.

I walk back up to the nursery.

"What?" I ask again.

"I swear Lucy just said Dada!" Daniel says.

"I don't even think that's possible. She's only a month old," I say and laugh.

"Well I heard it," he said.

"What you heard is your imagination. You need to get some sleep. When was the last time you got a full nights sleep?" I ask.

He gets a confused look on his face.

"I don't even know," he says.

Daniel was always the one to get up with her in the middle of the night. I offered almost every time but he always told me that I needed my sleep. He was constantly putting Lucy and I before himself and I adored that.

"Go take a nap. I can take care of Lucy. I am her mom after all," I say with a grin.

"Okay," he says.

He walks up the stairs to Lucy's nursery and talks to her before he goes to sleep.

"I love you Lucy. I hope you understand what I'm even talking about. I don't even want to sleep because I'm scared I'll miss out on something cute you'll do," Daniel rambles on.

I smile to myself and take a picture of Daniel leaning over her crib talking to her.

Daniel walks out of the nursery and gives me a kiss.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I say.

He smiles at me and walks into your room. Almost instantly he falls asleep.

I walk into Lucy's nursery and begin talking to her.

"You have the best daddy in the world you know that?" I ask. She grins a little in response almost as if she knows what I am saying.

I post the picture on Instagram of Daniel and Lucy.

"How did I ever get to be so lucky? 💕" reads the caption.

Sure, parenthood was going to be hard, but it was all going to be worth it.

A/n

Bam! just like that this mini imagine series is over. So just comment requests and hope you enjoyed!! 💕