Seven

Olivia walked down the stairs after getting herself ready for work. The bottom floor of her home smelt like coffee, so she was certain that Keith was still there. Olivia walked into the kitchen as she tucked her shirt into her slacks and frowned when she saw Keith near the coffeepot.

"I told you to leave," Olivia sighed.

"I know, but I didn't want to leave," Keith replied, as he turned to face Olivia. His eyes locked on her swollen lips, and he took a step forward and quickly captured Olivia's lips with his.

Keith looped his arms around Olivia as she tried to push him back, yet he kept her tightly against his body until she finally gave him and kissed him ever so gently. Once he was satisfied that she had kissed him back, he stepped away and tucked a curl behind Olivia's ear.

"Can you leave now?" Olivia spoke, her voice airy.

"I think you want me to stay-"

"You don't know what I want, Keith. Okay?"

"I had you calling out my name last night, baby. I was exactly what you wanted, and now you want me again. So why don't you and I get the boys up, take them to school, and then come back here and make baby number three?" Keith spoke, as he grabbed Olivia by her waist and tugged her close. She could feel as he grew hard, but didn't react at all to that.

"Last night was a mistake, Keith. I was feeling bad about myself, and I just needed to feel something good," Olivia frowned.

"Did that guy not want to fuck you?" Keith asked, as he grew angry with Olivia.

"That guy? Who are you talking about?" Olivia questioned, as she pushed Keith's hands away from her waist.

"Elliot! He showed up here this morning and wanted to see you! So, are you being a whor-" Keith's statement ended with a groan when Olivia punched him in the stomach. He stumbled back, and Olivia leaned down low to face him.

"I'm not your wife anymore, Keith. Last night was a mistake, and if I wanted to be with Elliot or anyone else, I don't need your permission. Do you understand me?" Olivia hissed. Keith took a slow breath before straightening his back.

"If you wanna date, then find someone else to babysit Jackson and Landon. I will not watch them while you have some guy balls deep in a place I should only be!" Keith spat. He stomped from the kitchen and out the front door, slamming it behind him.

///

Elliot arrived home to find Christine at his apartment. Elliot lived off base because it allowed Christine and Avery to come and go as they pleased. No one had to worry about going on base, and Elliot could use all of his free time with his little girl.

"You don't look happy," Christine spoke instead of greeting her ex-husband.

"It's good to see you too, Chris. How was Avery while I was gone?" Elliot sighed as he sat his bag on the couch.

"She missed you as always, but at least you weren't hours and an ocean away," Christine replied. Elliot frowned as he sat down on the couch.

"I probably won't be making any trips back to New York City soon, so she won't be missing me," Elliot spoke.

Christine looked at Elliot for a long moment before sitting beside him. She frowned when she saw the exhaustion in his eyes.

"What happened?"

"Chris-"

"Tell me, El. You can trust me," she breathed, her hand resting lightly against his thigh. Elliot looked down before speaking.

"I spent last night with my ex-girlfriend from high school... Olivia Benson. I told her I think non-stop about her and that I love her. Yet she didn't respond well to that," Elliot whispered. He scrubbed his hands down his face before taking a shaky breath.

"I've seen the pictures of her, El. She's really pretty and clearly still has your heart. Did she tell you why she didn't want to be with you?" 

"She didn't say exactly. She just kinda up and walked away, just like before," Elliot sighed.

"Before?"

"The day of our graduation, I tried to get her to change her mind and marry me. Instead, she just walked away from me and I hadn't seen her since. But now she's divorced and has two sons-"

"And you have always wanted a big family..." Christine trailed off.

"Yes, I have. But I don't want to be with her just because she has kids and I want more kids, Chris. I want to be with her because I love her..."

"Then why didn't you stay longer? El-"

"She fucked her ex-husband. I saw the hickies and the lipstick stain on his neck. So there is no way in hell that I'll get her now. It sounds like they are trying for another baby, a little girl, hopefully," Elliot grumbled. He stood and paced his livingroom as Christine watched him.

She knew that even if they had gotten a divorce, she'd always love and care about him. She wanted him to be happy, even if it meant he was happy without her.

"Go back on Friday after Avery is out of school. You have the weekend off, so just go back and see your parents again. Avery would love to see them, and then maybe you can see Olivia again. Make her realize that her slimy ex-husband isn't who she should be with. You should be the one."

Elliot stopped pacing and turned to Christine.

"Are you really trying to set me up with my ex-girlfriend? Don't you want me to be alone?" Elliot asked as he narrowed his eyes.

"I want you to be happy, because if you are unhappy... it'll rub off on Avery. We need our baby girl to be happy, and that means her daddy has to be happy, too. So go back," Christine smiled.

Elliot took a breath before nodding slowly.

"Alright then. I'll call my parents and tell them of the plans, and then I'll get Avery from school. I'll drop her off at your place and tell her about the good news."