Twenty-Six

Olivia and Elliot enjoyed two days alone with Marley Josephine. They snuggled the baby and bonded with her. Marley was everything that her parents expected her to be and so much more. She had a thin layer of brown hair on her head and super chunky cheeks.

"Hey, sweetie," Serena smiled as she walked into Olivia's hospital room. Elliot had agreed to swap out with Serena so she could meet the baby and get a break from the three little monsters at home.

"Hi, Mama."

"How are you doing? Elliot told me you were sore but feeling a little better... Is that true?"

"I will be sore for a while as I heal from my c-section, but I'm so happy. I finally have the little girl I've been praying for," Olivia smiled as Serena approached her bed. 

Serena looked down at her granddaughter as tears welled in her eyes. She couldn't believe that her little girl had a little girl of her own now. 

"Jackson and Landon have been talking non-stop about their baby sister."

"I can't wait to get home and be with all of my babies. I just want to hold all four of my babies and tell them how much I love them," Olivia replied. She slowly passed her daughter into her mother's arms, before slipping over slightly to give her mother space to sit beside her.

"So Avery must be one of those babies, huh?" Serena asked. 

"I love her so much, Mom. Christine doesn't want much to do with her anymore, so I need to step up and make her feel loved," Olivia whispered. 

They sat in silence for awhile and Serena looked over her tiniest grandbaby. She noted the bits of Marley that looked exactly like Olivia when she was a newborn. 

"Olivia?" A nurse questioned from the open door.

"Hey, Amy. Is everything okay?" Olivia asked.

"We got the results back. Do you want to know now or wait until Elliot gets back?" Amy asked. Serena looked at her daughter, confusion covering her face.

"What results? Liv-"

"We had them do a DNA test so I could know who Marley's father is... Uh, I'd like to know now. Please," Olivia replied.

Amy walked into the room and gave her a sealed envelope. She patted her arm gently before leaving the room.

"Liv-" Serena started, but her daughter cut her off.

"Elliot said that no matter what these results say, he's still raising Marley as his own. But I just need to know, so if Marley ever asks I can tell her the truth," Olivia replied.

///

Elliot swapped out with Serena after he put the kids down for the night. He went back to the hospital and found Olivia snoring softly in her bed. He shut the door quietly and walked to where Marley slept in the cot beside Olivia's bed. He pushed the cot closer to the sofa where he was going to sleep, before lifting the baby out and snuggling her close.

He hummed softly to the newborn and covered her cheeks with kisses.

"Avery, Jackson, and Landon cannot wait to meet you. They already love you so much, and the last time they saw you, you were still in your Mama's belly," Elliot whispered, as he watched Marley's eyes flutter in her sleep. 

"Elliot?" Olivia yawned from her bed.

"Hey, baby. Go back to sleep, I have MJ for the night," Elliot smiled. 

"C'mere, I wanna see you."

Elliot stood and took slow steps over to Olivia's bed. He sank down onto the edge of the bed, before leaning over and kissing Olivia's lips.

"How were the kids?"

"They miss us, but enjoy all the fun stuff your mother has been doing with them. I guess she took them to the water park again. This time she took a few of your friends to help... Uh, I can't remember their names," Elliot chuckled.

"So either Amanda, Casey, or Alex," Olivia said with a tired smile.

"Yeah, still can't remember," Elliot laughed. Marley whimpered in his arms, which drew the attention of both of her parents.

"I'm so sorry that Daddy scared you, Marley. But he is allowed to scare you, because he is your daddy... Biologically," Olivia breathed. Elliot turned quickly to look at Olivia, his blue eyes filling with tears.

"W-what?"

"The test came back, El. You and I made Marley together, and I'm so thankful that Keith is not her father," Olivia sniffled. Elliot gave her a shaky smile before leaning down to kiss Marley's forehead.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world."

///

The next morning, Olivia and Marley were released. When they got home, Serena and the kids were out of the house. This was planned so Olivia wasn't attacked by hugs when she wasn't prepared. 

"Alright, welcome home Marley Josephine Benson, soon to be Stabler," Elliot beamed, as he opened the front door and let Olivia walk in.

Olivia took a shaky breath as she saw the banner that was hung over the sliding glass door into the backyard. There was a bouquet of daisies on the mantel and a small stack of gifts sitting on the coffee table. Olivia could smell her mother's pot roast that was cooking in the crock-pot, and a little lemon furniture polish.

"How does it feel to be home?" Elliot asked, as Olivia continue to examine her living room.

"It feels great... It is too quiet, so I can't wait for the kids to come home. El, where is Avery staying?" Olivia questioned.

"The boys asked if they could bunk together, so their beds are now in the same room. Avery took Landon's room, and of course MJ has her own room. You and I will be in your room, unless I should take Avery's bed and she can share your room," Elliot smiled. Olivia laughed softly, before walking to where Elliot stood.

"We had a baby together, El. I think we can sleep in the same bed... God, it's so good to be home," Olivia spoke with a soft sigh.

Elliot wrapped his arms around Olivia's waist, before leaning close and kissing her deeply. They kissed until they heard a horn beep from outside.

"It's time to see your babies. So pop a squat and get ready for a lot of talking and hugs."