Forty

Elliot stood in front of the downstairs bathroom mirror. He ran a comb through his hair before spraying himself with cologne. Outside the bathroom, Elliot heard a light knock. He turned and opened the door, a smile growing on his lips when he saw Jackson and Landon. 

"You two look so handsome in your suits," Elliot smiled.

"Thank you, Daddy!" Jackson exclaimed. He quickly stepped forward and hugged Elliot, before stepping to the side since his little brother wanted in on the hug. Once they were done, Elliot lifted the boys onto the counter and helped to smooth their hair.

"Are you gonna stay with Mama forever?" Landon asked. Elliot stepped back and looked at the boys, a soft smile growing on his lips.

"Boys, I love your mama so very much. I am the happiest when I'm with her, and when I'm with you two and your sisters," Elliot replied, his hands reaching out and caressing the boys' hair. 

"You are the best daddy we have ever had," Jackson whispered.

"I will always try to be the best dad. I'll always be here for you four," Elliot replied. He hugged his boys tightly as the doorbell rang.

"I think our guests are here. Are you two ready to celebrate?"

"If that means cake, then yes!" Landon exclaimed.

///

Standing in the living room, Elliot and Olivia held hands as they stood in front of the lit fireplace. Joseph stood between them, his eyes bright as he married his son and his soulmate. 

"Do you two have vows you'd like to say?" Joseph asked. Olivia went to shake her head, but Elliot stopped her. 

"Actually, yes. I'd like to say a few things to my future wife," Elliot beamed.

"El, I feel like a jerk... I didn't think we'd do vows," Olivia whispered.

"You are my jerk," Elliot smiled, as he drew Olivia's hand to his lips. 

Elliot reached into the pocket of his suit jacket and pulled out a folded piece of construction paper. On the side that was facing Olivia were flowers that Landon had drawn earlier.

"Olivia, when we met years ago, I knew you were the one for me. If I hadn't been so stupid and decided to join the corps, we wouldn't be where we are now. I regret breaking your heart so many years ago, but I will never regret the children we each brought into this relationship. You are so incredibly smart, kind, and loving. I couldn't ask for a better partner to walk through life with, or a better mother to our four kids. I cannot wait to grow old with you and see where life takes us," Elliot breathed, as tears streamed down Olivia's cheeks. 

"Why is Mama crying?" Landon asked loudly. Serena pulled him close as Olivia looked at her youngest son.

"I'm really happy, Landon. These are happy tears, I promise," Olivia said with a soft laugh.

"Oh, okay! Do you need a hug?" Landon asked, and Olivia smiled.

"In a few minutes, baby. Let me finish getting married," Olivia replied. She turned back to Elliot and smiled as he slipped a band onto her finger.

"Olivia, do you want me to say the usual vows? Or can you improvise?" Joseph asked. Olivia gave him her answer as she said her improvised vows to Elliot.

"I am so thankful to have you in my life, Elliot. All the hell I have gone through was just my way of getting back to you. In the end, no matter what happens, I know that I'll be happy and safe as your wife. I love you, Elliot Stabler," Olivia spoke.

///

Elliot and Olivia were incredibly happy as husband and wife. Every second they spent together as a family was worth all the pain in the past. Elliot stayed home and took care of the house and kids while Olivia moved up the ranks of the NYPD. Many years after they got married, Elliot and Olivia sat in the quiet living room of their home. They still weren't empty nesters, but in a few years, they would be.

"Did the boys confirm if they were coming to Marley's graduation?" Olivia yawned, her body wrapped tightly in Elliot's arms.

"They both said they wouldn't miss it for the world. Avery's flight comes in tomorrow morning, so I'll be on Grandpa duty while she spends time with Marley," Elliot smiled. Olivia rested her head against Elliot's chest as she heard their twins laugh from their shared room.

"Maybe she can take Alice and Margot with her," Olivia groaned. She pulled her cell out and sent a text to her youngest daughters to go to bed.

"Sorry!" Alice called out her bedroom door before shutting it again. 

"I'm so glad you didn't die when you had them," Elliot whispered.

"I'm glad too, baby. Even if those two drive me absolutely bonkers," Olivia sighed.

They sat in silence for a few more minutes before hesitantly standing and stretching. 

"You got your wish," Olivia spoke, as she rubbed her lower back and Elliot rested his hand on her shoulder to stop his swaying.

"What do you mean?"

"You got to grow old with me," Olivia smiled. 

"You get better with age, Liv."

///

A few days later, Olivia sat on the porch swing in her backyard. Laying in her arms was her first grandbaby, Oscar. The door slid open and Avery walked out with a bottle in hand.

"Is he being good for you?" Avery breathed.

"He's a perfect angel, honey," Olivia smiled as she took the bottle from her eldest. 

"So our little Marley girl is a high school graduate... Isn't that crazy?"

"She's not so little anymore, Avery. None of you are. The twins are freshmen, Marley is going to college in the fall, the boys are exploring the world and dating amazing people, and you are married and have a baby. It's like once your father and I got married, everything changed so much. Time sped by and I couldn't grasp onto anything," Olivia replied. 

"Do you regret it?"

"Marrying your father? No, not at all. He's my best friend and my life is better with him by my side. I just wish that I could go back and experience everything again. So I could memorize every single detail," Olivia sighed as she looked down at Oscar. She saw bright blue eyes looking back at her, his small lips working into a smile.

"If your memory ever fails you, I'll help you remember. Now, let's go inside and get back to celebrating our Marley girl."

Olivia sat for a little longer and thought about how happy she was after reuniting with Elliot and becoming a mother to his little girl. There was a lot of pain, but that only made them stronger and their love more real.

Hey guys, so this book is done! I didn't know where it was going, so I decided to finish it before I ended up ruining it! Thanks for the support!

Also, I am currently working on a new book that I will start posting sometime in October!