Chapter 12 - Wolf in Sheep's clothing

---------------------------------------Gabriel's  POV--------------------------------------------

2 days had past and I still haven't seen (y/n) yet, every now and again I swear I could hear them scream. But I couldn't be sure whether that was just a result of me being anxious. I was told that soon Black Ops members would rescue me. How soon? I don't know.

I laid in my temporary bed, they had given a room to use to rest in for the time being and was starting to understand what was happening behind closed doors of Talon. I could see why they wanted me apart of the team. They also explained their goals they achieved with Amelie Lacroix naming her Widowmaker. She wasn't the only one with a agent name. I recievedt the title of Reaper, simpler than the Angel of Death and I have to say, I liked it. 

There was a knock at the door that broke me out of my trail of thought. 

''Come in'' I said as I got up from my lying position. There at the door was a scientist, I didn't recognise him at all but he was old for sure. 

''You must be Reyes. I heard a lot about you from (y/n).'' The man stated. My eyes widened at the name. 

''Can I see them now?'' I asked. 

''Of course, but I doubt they'll recognise you.'' He slightly chuckled stepping to the side to reveal them standing their. They took a step inside the room. Their eyes were red, redder than before. I couldn't believe (y/n) standing here but still. 

''Nice to finally meet you Agent Reaper. I'm agent Cora.'' They spoke some what monotoned. Their characteristics in their voice was not there, no emoition, like a robot. Hollow inside. No blinking either. 

''I will leave you two alone so you can get to know each other.'' The scientist said before leaving the room closing the door behind. They just stood staring into space. 

A minute past and their eyes shifted. 

''Finally! He's gone.'' They broke out of character, sighing in relief. 

''W-wait what?'' I was confused. 

''Good to see you again Reyes.'' They smiled but it was not (y/n)'s smile. ''I know, there's a lot to explain.'' They reassured. 

''Who's talking?'' as much as stupid question it sounds like but in this situation it would not be.

''It's me, Cora who is in control at the moment.'' They chuckled. 

''What happend to (y/n)?'' I demanded. 

''They are dormant. I took over to execute my plan.'' They explained. Before I could ask. ''(y/n) is safe. The torture they supposedly went through was me, but it didn't effect me. I made sure that no damage was done.''

''When will you let me talk to (y/n)?'' I asked still angry at the situation. 

''When it's over.'' They were determined. ''Just play along and all will be fine.'' They approached and patted my cheek. They froze for a second before returning to their position. ''This conversation never happened.'' They stated before acting the way they did before. 

Before I could ask, the door opened and there was the scientist. 

''Sorry to cut it short but seems like your friends are here. Come Cora, we need to hide you.'' The scientist directed Cora to the door. 

''Yes, father.'' They stated before exiting the room without a single emotion. 

Cora was definitley good at what they do but how long can they keep this up before getting caught. That was my concern for (y/n) sake. 

Some guards came in a moment later, I knew it was time to perform what we must. 

''Come with us.'' One of them said. I nodded and followed them out. 

-------------------------------------Genji's POV-----------------------------------------

We finally found out where Commander Reyes was being held and we hoped that (y/n) would be there too. McCree, Moira and myself were sent but Commander Morrison decided to come with us as this was a serious situation. 

We were already in the building, one of the Talon's bases, this was said location, ATHENA was able to pick a location from one of their ships, I still question how that was possible, ATHENA must be more powerful than I thought. 

We checked the building floor by floor and still no sign of the two of them, could this be a trap? 

''Calm yourself, Genji. I can sense Reyes here.'' Moira stated put a hand on my shoulder giving me a slight boost. 

''Thank you for the reassurance.'' I thanked her as we moved on along a hallway. It seemed like the same situation as the Lacroix mission. 

''Over there.'' Moira pointed down the hall. ''I sense his presence down there.'' As soon as she said that we all rushed in that direction. We looked in the window of the room and sure enough, there he was. Bruised, blooody and beaten. We rushed in, Moira quickly got her healing energy ready. 

''Gabe!'' Morrison rushed towards him. ''Are you okay? What happened? where's (y/n)?'' He demanded a million questions. 

''Slow down, Commander.'' McCree interupted as Moira began healing him.

''I'll be alright.'' He steadied his breathing. ''They were interrogated me, trying to get information out, they seem to know a lot more than I thought.'' He looked up at Morrison as if he did something wrong.

''And what of (y/n)?'' Morrison asked again.

''I don't know, they were taken away. From what I gathered to their main base.'' He sounded defeated. 

''Dammit!'' Morrison cursed. ''We'll figure something out. Let's just get you out of here.'' He put Reyes arms around his neck helping him walk. 

As we were leaving I sensed something or someone watching us and yet they did nothing. I decided to ignore it as we needed to get Reyes to safety and figure out what to do next. 

---------------------------------Cora's POV---------------------------------------------

I watched from CCTV as the Blackwatch team left with Reyes as suspected Genji could tell that someone was watching but could not tell who. Being two souls in one does send confusion. 

''Have they left, Cora?'' Father asked as he entered the room. 

''Yes. Agent Reaper has been rescued. Sir Maximillien's plan is going accordingly.'' I stated in my monotoned voice. 

''Very good. I think it's time to do some combat training. Don't you think.'' He suggested gesturing towards the door.

''Indeed.'' I responded making my way out.