Chapter 1 - Training

2:30PM, the sun blazed down on Overwatch Watchpoint Gibraltar. You were doing your usual routine training with your Commanding Officer, Gabriel Reyes. Ever since you arrived and were recruited by Blackwatch you would do these drills every day. Never getting the chance to use them action. Actually, you would never get to see any action.

There you were, wielding a knife in your hand whilst circling the defenceless Commander Reyes. He was unphased just had a cocky expression on his face. It would always end the same. You would run at him, he would always have the upper hand and pin you to ground. Even if you changed the way you ran, he could still predict it.

You ran at him and yet again, he won.

"You still got ways to go kids. How are we ever going to send you on missions if you keep failing this simple task?" Reyes released you and began to stand up.

"You are way stronger than me and more experience than me." You answered in a certain tone that he did not like a single bit. You got up, brushing the dust from you clothing.

"Watch your mouth, kid. Give me the knife. I will show you how it's done." He held out his hand waiting to you to past him the knife. You handed it to him and walked a fair distance apart from him. Once you were ready, you nodded to him and he nodded in response.

He ran at you, you quickly dodge and kicked him in the back of his knees causing him to fall to the ground. You grabbed his wrist placing it in a very uncomfortable position causing him to drop the knife.

"At least your defences are up to standards, just need work on offence." He smirked as you released him and giving him a hand to stand up. He picks up the clipboard, noting down today's progress. "We will work on the offence more tomorrow. For now, report to Angela for checkup. You are dismissed." He walked off without a second glance.

After every single training session, you would always go to Angela for a checkup. Why? Because of your condition. A rare condition that stopped you living a normal life. A condition that others envied, but you hated it more than anything.

You walked towards Angela's office, passing some familiar face along the way. Some would stare at you. You always believed it was because you chose Blackwatch over Overwatch which was a rare case to choose Blackwatch.

You had finally reached Angela's room. You were reaching for the door handle when familiar voice called you.
"(y/n)!" It was Jack, Jack Morrison. Commander of Overwatch. He was the exact opposite to Reyes, they were ying and yang, Black and white, fire and water.
"Hey, Commander Morrison." You turned to face him.

"You're here to see Angela?" He asked, he didn't need to ask, he already knew the answer. He just wanted to be polite.

"Yes. I just finished up training for the day, so I'm here for my checkup." You smiled.

"Oh, well she just popped out. Doing a checkup on Genji." He looked down. "What happened to your wrist?" He pointed out. This is exactly why you need to have checkups so often. You looked at your wrist they had a ring of a purplish bruise forming.

"Oh! It's probably just from training with Commander Reyes. You know me though, it never hurts" You reassured him.

"Regardless if it hurts or not. He still needs to be careful. He can be very reckless and forgetful." sighed. Reyes was reckless but never forgetful.

You heard footsteps approaching both of you, you turned to look, it was Angela.

"Ah! Angela, we were just waiting for you." He waved at Angela.

"Apologies for making you waiting. (y/n), you are here for a check up, and Jack what can I do for you?" She turned to Jack.

"I came by to pick up the files." He informed, Angela knew what he was talking about.