Chapter 10 - Backtrack

You were being dragged through what you assumed was the Talon HQ and it was quite unwelcoming too. People would stare at you as they passed you by. 

Cora hadn't said a word since being captured. And Gabriel, you had no idea where they had taken him but you hoped he was alright. 

You finally reached a room which you assumed would be your cell for the time being. They unlocked and forced the heavy open before pushing you and shutting it closed. 
Leaving you alone with Cora. 

"Well, here we are" Cora smiled. 

Yes, we are in a prison cell.

"Not just any prison cell. This was my home before I was killed." Sitting down onto the hard bed. 

Here? You grew up here?

"I did. I spent most of my existence here. If not here, then I would be in the experiment lab until I passed out then awoke here." You felt what you believe people described as a sharp pain. "I kinda wish I was like you back then, didn't feel pain, didn't feel anything. I probably would still be here."

Why were you here to begin with? 

"Oh you really want to know what happened here?" She paused. "You won't like it but then again...why not...we are in this together now." 

And with that said, you believe you fell asleep as Cora guided you into her memories. 

"Subject 31415926, due to first testing. Date 19/07/20x7. Today the subject 's age is 5. Still no sign of  superhuman ability." A man voice could be heard from the other side of the door. Seems to be recording information verbally into a device. All that can be seen his shadow casting under the door. 

The door opens slowly, identifying a man in a white lab coat and a recording device in one hand and a clipboard in the other.

You stood up and stood straight before him. 

"Subject 31415926, come forward and we will begin your destiny,"  He said with no emotion but made one hand free to hold out his hand. You took it and followed him out of the room. 

It seemed as if you never saw outside of the room before as you looked around curiously like a little kid seeing the world for the first time. You walked together past cells and cells filled with crying a screaming, all young voices ranging in ages. 

You finally arrived at a room with bright lights, white walls and floors. A bed with straps in the centre, a table with different devices and colourful liquids and a large mirror on one of the walls. You were picked up and placed on the bed. 

They strapped you down and you began to panic. What were they going to do? That's when you felt something unpleasant in your arm. You turned to see a needle there filled with a liquid that glowed green. It was burning, intensely, you screamed it became unbearable. You blacked out. 

 Subject 31415926, due to second testing. Date 20/07/20x7. The first test was successful, only subject to not reject the serum. a possible sign of superhuman ability." The man's voice could be heard from the other side of the door. Again, recording information verbally into the device. 

"Subject 31415926, come with me," He said with no emotion but made one hand free to hold out his hand again. You took it and followed him out of the room. 

The same room, the same bed, the same everything. Same procedure. Tied to the bed, injected, pass out. 

Subject 31415926, due for potentially final test testing. Date 18/12/20x2. Subject's body seems to be weak, the final test should change that. If the test is successful, subject is due for ultimate training" The man's voice could be heard from the other side of the door. Again, recording information verbally into the device. 

He didn't speak to you, and you didn't get up when he opened the door. Your body was too weak to get up. The man came in and picked you up and carried you down the hall, the one that you have worked down over 5475 times in the last 15 years. 

You couldn't take this anymore. You wanted it to end. 

They strapped you to the bed again and began the procedure. The number of colours of liquids they have already injected you was probably the same amount in a colour wheel. You looked at the final needle that would break you pierce your skin as the liquid drained into you. You felt your eyes widen and your heart thumping within your chest. 

You broke...free. Free of the restraints. You...you could fight back. And that's exactly what you did. All the pain you went through. Not even treated as human. Who the hell did they think these guys were?  You were going to break them. 

Men dropped one by one, lifeless. They pushed you to this. And this was revenge. 

You heard it.

"Subject 31415926 I order you to stop" a voice was heard. Slightly cocky sounding. "You shouldn't waste your gifted powers. We made you this way to serve us. Why don't you respect your father's wishes and settle down. We can...talk about this." A man wearing a striped suit stood in the doorway, smoking a cigar.

"Who the hell are you? If you were my father, you wouldn't do this to a family member." You yelled back. 

"I would do all that it takes to win this war." He smiled. 

"Well, too bad, you ain't gonna win. I refuse."  You approached him slowly. Guards appeared behind him. "You're that scared of me that you need bodyguards. I will show you." You ran at him about to attack. 

Bang, you collapse to the floor. 

"You idiots. You killed her. The ultimate Cora subject is now dead." 

"Sir, her heart should be perfectly fine. We just need to transplant the heart...." 

Everything went quiet.

A/N

Hey guys. 
Sorry, haven't been around. So much has happened. But I finally made this! 
Hope you enjoy and I hope to update soon.