Chapter 4 - Who are they?

"We need to talk" Reyes barged into your room and began to look around. You closed the door behind you and wondered what did Reyes need to talk about that was sooo important.

"What do you want?" You crossed your arms and began to walk towards him. He looked at you with serious eyes but quickly changed to a confused look. As if he was trying to figure out something.

"You're different from when you first came to Blackwatch, you were never this powerful. In fact, you were never this powerful until..." He paused trying to find the words. "...you know. It was as if you've been holding back."

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't been holding back. Maybe, I'm just getting stronger." You shrugged, you were still 'angry' at him.

"Not only that, but Jesse told me that on your unauthorised mission, that you looked you were possessed by a demon or something." He circled you, figuring you out. 

"I needed to release some steam as some would say and I'm pretty sure that is normal."  He really wanted to push that pressure back on to your chest, didn't he?

"Don't be cocky, kid. Tell me what happened right now!" He demanded grabbing your shirt and pulling your face closer to his. "Spill it" He growled.
There it was. He was going to get it again. 
"That's ENOUGH" That rage was being released, punching Reyes into the furthest wall of your room. And he hit the wall, he hit it hard. 
He began to bleed and grunting at the pain that you would never be able to feel. This was your realisation, you were never like this. It was connected that feeling in your chest. 
Your eyes were red  That's what Genji said before. You turned to your mirror that hung on the wall right next to you.

There they were the crimson eyes that were once were (e/c) ones. This had to be a dream, you were sure of it.

"Your eyes are red, (y/n)." Reyes coughed, you turned to him. That black smoke was descending from his wounds. His eyes met yours, they were also red.

You turned back to the mirror, you couldn't stop looking, it wasn't you. You believed that what was reflecting wasn't you. It winked. You punched the mirror, sending shards of glass and its frame everywhere. 

Reyes got up, seemed like he recovered a bit. He began to approach you. You didn't want him to get hurt again, you didn't want him to touch you. "STAY BACK!" putting your arms out infront of you to stop him.

His eyes widened. You had forgotten. 
"Oh My God! Your Hand!" grabbed your wrist to examine your hand, it was bloodied with pieces of shards jammed in them. 

The door slammed open. There stood Commander Morrison. He looked at your, what he saw was out of context. He would believe that Reyes did something. Well, he did, but nothing physical, but it would believe that Reyes did something and I would of tried to defend them. 

 "REYES! What are you doing!?!" He grabbed the back of Reyes' jacket and pulled him up to face him. "TELL ME!" 

"Nothing! I'm trying to help!" He insisted in an angry tone.
"Like I', going to believe that, you asshole" Morrison began to raise his fist.

"It's true, Commander Morrison." You paused. "Commander Reyes was only trying to help." This would of been the perfect oppurtunity to get back at Reyes but on such a lie, you wouldn't be able to deal with it later.

"W-what?" Morrison turned to you with shock on his face.

"I needed to let off some steam but punching the wall and so on. Reyes was trying to stop me hurting myself any further than I already had. I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble. You looked down at the floor to prevent looking at either of them. "If you'll excuse me, I should go see Angela." You began to leave the room.

"Let me escort you there" Morrison insisted and began to follow. Before leaving he turned to Reyes. "Reyes, prepare another room for them.....and sorry that I accused you, Gabe" He sent him an apologetic look.

"I probably would have done the same, if was in your situation," Reyes responded.  

The walk to Angela's office was silent for a while. You had no reason to make conversation but Morrison on the other hand, you were sure he had questions. You reached her office, Morrison still hadn't said a word.
"I'll be waiting outside if you need anything," Morrison said, you looked at him and nodded.

You entered finding Angela doing some paperwork at her desk, she turned to look at you.
"Mein Gott, what happened, (y/n)?" She rushed to you, looked a right state.
"I was letting some anger go, and ended up damaging my hands" You said holding out your one bleeding hand that was damaged from the mirror and a bruised hand.
"Oh mein gott! They are seriously damaged!! What happened exactly?" She demanded, you were about to answer but she cut you off. "Nevermind for now! I need to heal this!" She looked held your hand gently and looked at it closely. "They are too damaged, I will have to use my Caduceus staff." She walked over to a glass cupboard where you could see the staff charging. She got it out and approached you. "Put your hands out in front of you" She ordered you to do which you quickly obeyed.
A yellow stream of light came from the staff touched your hands. You could see them healing themselves. Bones back in shape, cuts and pieces of glass gone from your hand. The light disappeared, the healing was complete.
"There, that should do it." Angela smiled.
"Thank you" You were able to smile back.
She quickly put her staff away before bring her desk chair near the examination bed.
"Have a seat" She allocated to the bed. You sat down, making yourself comfortable. "So tell me what happened." She asked.

"Well I guess I've been feeling something in my body... and I'm not sure what it is." You began. "It's this pressure in my chest that I began feeling." 

"Sounds like it could be two possible things: Stress or ... well, I highly doubt the other one. But either way, That is not good for your health to be stressing out. No training, no missions, no paperwork for a while! I will need to do some test tomorrow but until then, rest up and keep note if you feel anything" She got up and patted you on the head. "It's for your health" You looked up at her and saw her smile.
"Thank you, Angela" You smiled back.
"Now go to bed. And call me immediately if anything happens." Angela said as you exited the room.

Morrison was leaning against the wall, still waiting for you.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yes, all healed" You faked a smile as you showed your hands.
"There's no need to fake a smile, (y/n)" He patted your head like Angela did before, but this time, it was different.
"Well-" You began
"Not here. We'll go to your temporary room" He whispered leading to your temporary room. You quickly followed behind.

The walk was again quiet but luckily it was not as far as your actual room.

Morrison opened the door, entered and turned on the light. You quickly entered and closed the door behind you.
"Now, tell me what's wrong?" He commanded.
"Commander...Do you see me as a bad person?" You asked.
"I don't, why?" He was confused.
"What happened in my room...showed me that..." You couldn't bring the words out.
"That you what?" He asked.
"It showed me that I'm not who I think I am." You said.
"(Y/n), You are (y/n). And nothing is going to change that. A little stress relief isn't going to change the way I or others see you. I promise you," He smiled.
"Commander-"
"Call me Jack when no one is around. There's no need for formalities." He insisted.
"Jack...I trust you" You paused. "If I become something that is not me..." you began.
"Nothing is going to happen." He patted your head again. "Now get some rest, you need a lot of it," Jack ordered.
"Thank you...for tonight, com-Jack." You smiled.
"You're welcome, (y/n)" He smiled before exiting the room.

You got into bed and began to fall asleep quite quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------Meanwhile At Talon's HQ------------------------------------------------

Council members sat around a table in a dark room with hologram screens of CCTV footage of the mission that McCree, Genji and (y/n) was apart of.
"As you can see, Blackwatch agents: Jesse McCree and Genji Shimada broke in a captured Amelie LaCroix." A man with a thick Russian accent spoke.
Council members began to mutter and whisper to each other.
"What about this kid, Sanjay?" A robotic accent could be heard.
Screens playback the moment where (y/n) was rescuing Amelie, taking a gun and shooting the guard mercilessly before taking Amelie and kicking down the door with force.
"We do not know, Maximillien Sir," Sanjay replied. Mutters were even louder than before.
"They have such power to them...we must have them," Maximilien said with determination.
"And what of Amelie?" He asked.
"She'll come back to us, with her mission fulfilled. And we will get the kid later" A he laughed in a robotic way.