Chapter 17 - Is that you?

-----------------Cora's POV-----------------

The day I would meet Jack again was finally here. Reaper had already told father that I would be out on a mission with him and Sombra. Since the upgrade, my body has gotten quite sick. I was bed ridden for a couple of days, Reaper and sombra insisted to go in my place but I ignored their concerns. I needed to be there. 

I was waiting in the aircraft with Sombra. She notified me that Jack was already in El Dorado due to a gang's activities. It was said that he was fighting for good in his own way but no one knows what he wishes to accomplished. 

''Amigo, you sure you don't want to stay back and rest up.'' Sombra broke me out of my trail of thought. 

''I am sure, I've been in bed long enough and I don't think you two could convince him either.'' I responded buckling myelf into my seat. 

''Yeah, but you looking a little pale.'' She tried to push. 

''Sombra'' 

''Okay, okay. But we don't have Moira with us so who knows what could happen.'' She shrugged and suggest if anything happens she will say, I told you so. 

Reaper had entered the aircraft, closing the hatch behind him. Sombra approached him and was whispering something. I tried to listen carefully, and that's when their voices amplified. Everything was loud. I covered my ears hoping to silence the sound. 

''Ow!'' I yelled again this pain which shouldn't be possible. Was the upgrade in fact making me weaker? We had no idea if pain was a side effect or permenant. 

''What's wrong?'' Reaper asked, rushing to me. 

''Everything just suddenly got loud.'' I explained still covering my ears, taking deep breaths in and out.

''Maybe you should stay back, me and Reaper will go for you.'' Sombra gave one more attempt to convince me.

''I said NO!'' I roared at her, she took a step back shocked at the response. ''Sorry. But I do mean it when I say No, I am coming with you.'' I replied. 

''Very well. But we have warned you.'' Reaper walked over to the pilot seat and fastened the buckles. Sombra took the co-pilot, in this situation it was better they drove. It was going to be a long ride to El Dorado. 

--------------------Time Skip-----------------------------

''Cora, wake up'' I was shaken awake by Sombra. My eyes opened adjusting to the light. ''We are here, amigo.'' I could there was a smile on her face. From what I heard she grew up here and was happy to be home. 

''I'm up'' I responded as I unbuckled myself and got out of the seat. I stumbled forward a bit.

''Woah, amigo!'' Sombra caught me. ''You seriously aren't doing good.'' She responded looking to see if Reaper was around to help. He wasn't. I forced myself up. 

''Where is Jack?'' I started to ask, as I straightened myself up. ''The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can head back.'' 

''You really are stubborn, just like what Gabe said.'' She smiled sadly. ''Come on, let's go.'' She made sure I was stable enough to walk. 

Reaper stood waiting outside the aircraft for us. 
''What took you so long?'' He demanded. Sombra elbowed him the ribs earning an ow out of him. He glared at her and she just shook her head before taking the lead. Reaper and I followed behind without a word. The city was noisy, with explosion and gunshots. 

''Is it always like this?'' I asked Sombra. 

''No, it's just the gang that I set up to draw Jack's attention.'' She explained. After one final explosion, it was quiet. We stood in at the end of an alley, Sombra said he would come through if he were to return to his warehouse where he's been hiding out at. We stood there, waiting and waiting.