Chapter 18 - Something's going on

---------------Jack's POV-------------

I couldn't believe they had finally been released from Cora's grip but to have abilities this unstable. They laid in the bed I had set up in my base for the mission I was on. It had been awhile since they  were knocked out and Ana finally revealed herself joining into the conversations. 

''What else do you know about the seven deadly sins?'' I turned to face Sombra who seemed to be busy with tech gear. 

''Let's just say not many people survive it. (y/n) is lucky enough to be alive right now. They would of died in a matter of seconds after receiving all of elements. But we don't know if she is slowly dying inside.'' She spoke as she was looking at digital files of documents before showing previous test subjects all of dying within seconds of the last injection. 

''How did they survive then.'' It kind of broke me to know they could have been taken away and never be seen again so easily with such a risk experiment.

''Well, Cora was a test subject for Talon many years ago. (y/n) was an orphan with a condition. And with a condition like that, they were adopted by Talon too but their memory has been messed with is what it seems. They thinks they had a normal life before coming to overwatch.'' She added.

''What do you mean 'they thought they had a normal life''' Gabe asked, I could sense the anger within him. 

''They were with Talon but they never knew about it. Having your mind reset of personal memories all theywould remember what they were taught like Math, English and so on. They only started having their own memories after being rescued which I believe Mr Reaper over had something to do with'' She pointed at Gabe. 

''That's why it seemed to have felt that I known them before.'' He realised

''Seemed like whatever they used for erasing memory may have rubbed off on you too. That's also why you don't remember it that mission.'' Sombra clarified.

''So what about the heart thing?'' I asked. ''Cora is their heart now but how did they get there?''

''An experiment went wrong causing severe damage to (y/n)'s heart. This was not long after Cora's death too and lucky for them, they have the same blood type. (y/n) had a heart transplant and now here we are'' Sombra finalised before switching off all her gear. ''We don't have much time, amigo. We need to head back.'' She stated. 

''What about them?'' I demanded as Gabe picked her up. 

''Winston has called all of us back. We are most likely going to be involved in a huge battle. But (y/n) needs you to fight too.'' He clarified. ''You are needed back in Gibraltor.'' 

''Very well, keep them safe. You know I will kill you for real if you don't.'' I threatened. 

''I know. I guess we will see you on the battlefield then.'' He said his goodbyes taking his team with him. 

I felt exhausted. Being hit with so many emotions. It was time to rest. 

''I am going to head back and sleep myself. I will meet you in the morning.'' Ana stated before turning and walking away. Leaving me by myself.

---------------Gabe's POV--------------------

With everything that Sombra had discovered about (y/n) really makes me want to destroy Talon even more. I had never knew that (y/n) been through yet they never knew either. I carried them back to the ship and placed them in secure bed that was available. I was worried how much time I would have left with them. We didn't know if they were a ticking time bomb or if they would able to control everything. 

I took my seat as co-pilot letting Sombra pilot the aircraft.

''It's going to be okay, amigo. Don't think of the worse. I'm sure I can find something that will help (y/n).'' She attempted to cheer me up. 

''Why do you care about (y/n), Sombra?'' It was unusual that she kinda seemed to have befriended them.

''Look, I may not seem like a person that cares about people. But I care about (y/n), they are like a little sibling to me. I would be crushed if anything happened to them.'' She responded. 

I didn't know how to respond to that. I looked over to (y/n) unconcious body lying in the bed. 

''How are we going to explain to them about (y/n) and the mission.'' I asked Sombra knowing she always had a good excuse. 

''Easy. (y/n) power overwhelmed them and they have been unconscious since. We could not continue the mission.'' She quickly responded. 

''I hope they will believe that.'' I whispered to myself. 

----------Back at Talon HQ -----------

We arrive back and (y/n) was still not awake. Once landed someone was waiting for us. The person that we were least suspecting to greet us back from our mission. Maximillien. He would not be one to meet agents outside the board room. Yet there he stood. 

''What do you think this is about?'' Sombra asked. 

''I don't know, but I don't like it.'' I responded to her. 

We disembarked the aircraft with (y/n) in my arms. Sombra by my side. 

''Hello, Maximillien. To what do we owe this pleasure?'' I asked. 

''A little situation arised with the doctor on (y/n) case, so some arrangements are needed to be made.'' He stated. 

''What situation?'' Sombra raised an eyebrow. 

''Nothing that doesn't concern you. But they won't be able to get their check up for a while... so for the time being they will need to be in your care, Reaper.'' Maximillien stated before turning away. ''I hope you understand.'' was the last thing he said before walking away. 

''Well, I guess we won't need to explain ourselves.'' Sombra shrugged. 

''Something big has happened. Can you find out what.'' I requested. 

''You read my mind.'' She smirked before leaving me standing there with (y/n). 

I had no idea what the outcome would be but I hope we all survive. 

A/N: 
Sorry it took me awhile to get back. I actually go locked out of my account but luckily I'm back. Thank you for your patience. Also, it looks like this series is nearing it's end. After many years of it collecting dust. 
Hope you enjoying it and will be staying until the end.