Chapter 13 - Do what I must

----------------------------------------------------Jack's POV-----------------------------------------------------------

I sat in my office, lost in thought. Gabe was currently being treated from being captured by Talon. I could tell he had a lot on his mind. Possibly because of what had happened with (y/n), being captured as well but it was definitely a lot worse situation. We had no idea where (y/n) had been taken to and what their motive was. All we could do was try and figure it out and fight for (y/n) safe return. 

Angela entered with papers in her hand. 

''Gabriel will be just fine. He's recovering nicely'' Angela tried to reassure me. All I did was nod in response. She sighed, she already knew what was going through my head. 

''We will find them you know.'' Angela tried to reassure me. 

''But how long?'' I questioned. ''And we don't know what state they will be in by the time we do find them.'' I got up from chair, heading towards the door.

''Look, there is nothing we can do at this moment. Don't overthink it.'' She insisted. 

''I will try not to.'' I opened the door to leave. ''I need to speak to Gabe, see what he knows.'' I simply said before leaving Angela behind.

-----------------------------------------------------Gabriel's POV------------------------------------------------------ 

Talon did really put me through hell just to make everything look authentic. Luckily for me, my power was making my healing easier. I was close to a full recovery, I just laid in my bed trying to rest my body and mind as much as possible.

There was a knock at the door, I knew who it would be. He had many questions I'm sure. 
''Come in'' I said in an exhausted tone. 

The door opened and there stood Jack with an uneasy expression, he entered and closed the door behind him. 

''What do you want?'' I asked sounding annoyed. 

''You know why I am here, Gabe.'' He stated with a tone in his irritated voice. 

''I don't, so why don't you tell me.'' I turned my head to look at him. 

''You were taken by Talon and you were the only one who was able to be rescued. I want to know what you know and what happened there.'' He demanded. 

''I told you, I was interrogated.'' I insisted.

''That's bullshit.'' He retorted. ''I know you better than anyone. Something else happened didn't it.'' I knew I had to tell him somethings but not what was coming. 

''Alright. I will tell you what I can.'' I sat up. ''But remember what I said after Ana had to use her needle on (y/n).'' Jack nodded in response remembering our conversation. ''It looks like I am going to need to act out on my promise.'' 

''What happened to (y/n)?'' His eyes widened. 

''They are safe for now. Well, Cora is keeping them safe. But at the moment, she is in control of them.'' I tried to explain. 

''You mean...'' Jack tried to figure out the right words. 

''To prevent (y/n) losing their mind or self, Cora has to lead until it's time to end this all.'' I simply explained. 

''What will you do?'' He asked. 

''What I have to. And neither you or Overwatch can stop me.'' I threatened. If Jack were to get in the way, it would be worse than it already is. 

''I see how it is.'' He replied and began heading to the door. 

''Then, I will continue as normal but if you get in my way, you also know I will not stop at anything.'' Was the last words he spoke before leaving in my room alone. 

The events that were to come would surely going to be interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------Cora's POV-----------------------------------------------------

After some combat training I went back to my room. This room was not the room I grew up in, which I am glad but it did not feel like home. As much I wouldn't admit it, I missed (y/n), I felt lonelier than before and as much as I would want my own body, I don't think that would be possible. 

I would keep thinking about what is to happen once everything is done. What then? Especially taking (y/n) life years away. I did that once before and now I am to doing it again. Both of us were not normal and we never will be. 

Placing my hand on my heart, feeling it beat. This was very much real. (y/n) sleeps as I do the dirty work. I wouldn't want them to see all the things I was about to do especially with their hands.

 My mind began to feel tired, it was time to rest and dream. Dream of the world after I fix everything. I changed my clothes and get into bed, turning out the lights so I could finally sleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------Time Skip ------------------------------------------------------------

Morning had come around quickly, I got out of bed and changed into uniform before heading to father for a medical check. I knocked at the door and awaited his 'come in'. 

''Come in.'' He simply said. I opened the door closed it behind and stood in the middle of the room. ''Good Morning, Cora. How are you doing ?'' He asked. 

''Good Morning, Father. Everything is functioning well.'' A response he would of wanted to hear. 

''Any problems?'' He questioned.

''No problems identified'' I responsed. 

''Very well, please lie down and I will proceed with the check up.'' He gestured to the bed. 

''Understood.'' I went to the bed and laid down. I saw the needles that awaited. I must remain calm, they can't hurt me anymore. I kept telling myself internally. He proceeded with the medical, I did not break character, not even for the needles. 

''Everything looks in order. Now I believe you have training.'' He picked up another clipboard and read it to double check everythiing. ''Yes, you do have training in the combat zone. You may head there now.'' He confirmed. 

''Thank you, Father.'' I got up and left the room, closing the door behind me. I sighed in relief once out of the area. I looked at my arms where the needles had been injected into. They didn't hurt but the memories of the past did. I wanted to vomitted remembering it. Keeping my compsure I continued to walk on.