Chapter 5 - Twisted Imagination

You laid in your bed listening through your playlist on your phone as you recalled what had happened yesterday. You were still unsure what was wrong with you. Were you born with it along with this painless body and began to awaken because of the stress of Blackwatch? You didn't understand why it was happening. But you had a feeling that some members of overwatch and Blackwatch knew something. 

You were lost in your thoughts of curiosity when there was a knock at the door could be faintly heard through your headphones. 

You left it.

Another knock and you still did nothing.

The door opened and heavy footsteps could be felt approached your bed. Your bedsheets were pulled back revealing you from your hiding spot.
You looked up finding a worried Commander Reyes. You took off your headphones to listen to what had to say.

"You okay, kid?" He asked in a soft voice that you hadn't heard of before.
"I'm lost" you replied. "What's happening to me?" You sat up properly, facing Reyes.
"I've only seen one person with similar power to that." He knelt down and put a hand on your shoulder. "You're not alone." He paused. "Come on. Let me show you the one with a similar power" Reyes stood up.
You got out the bed and followed Reyes out of the room.

The two of you walked to the overwatch operations area.

You reached a door, Reyes knocked on the door and a deep voice came from inside.
"Come in"

The two of you entered. It was Winston!
"Winston has similar power to me?" You whispered to Reyes.
"Winston, I have cadet here you need to see" Reyes yelled. Winston landed in front of you.

"Nice to meet you, cadet, I'm Winston. What's your name?" He asked

"It's (y/n), sir" you replied.
"(Y/n), huh? Where do you come from?" Winston asked in curiosity.
"(Birthplace/Hometown)"
"Your family?" He asked
" I was abandoned" you looked down. You could feel Reyes eyes on you.
"Sorry to hear that" you could hear pity.
"It's fine, it was a long time ago"
"Anyways, what can I help you with?" He asked with a smile.

"Well Cadet has similar power to you," Reyes explained
"Is that so? How long for?" Winston asked.
"It's only recently appeared. But the problem is she can't feel pain so the power is more dangerous." Reyes explained.

"How does power occur? Does it happen when she is upset or angry."

"It happens when I feel both of those emotions" You were surprised. He understood.

"May I see this?" He asked

"Go ahead, kid" Reyes said.

"I can't get angry that easily" you responded.
He grabbed your wrist and pulled you close. "I guess I was right you are weak." His face came closer to yours. You could see your face reflected in his eyes. 

Your face changed, it became angered and stern, your eyes glowing red. Your fist pulled back then strike him in the gut. It sent him flying once again. You sure by now he had gotten used to you punching him in the stomach and sending him flying.

He coughed when he landed more than a few metres away.

"I see the similarity" Winston held his chin in thought. "There are not many like us with this power. But I have a rough idea what's going on. I will do more research on it." He paused and looked at Reyes who was returned to original place. 

"Get Mercy to send me (y/n)'s medical and personal documents as soon as possible.

The two of you left Winston's lab and began heading back to the BlackWatch operations area. The walk was silent until Reyes's phone rang.

"Reyes here" He answered his phone as the two of you continued to walk. There was a paused where Reyes was listening to the other end.
"Now?" Another pause"Is it okay to do so?" He asked. "Okay, I understand." He ends the call and turns to you as you both stop in your tracks. "If it's okay with you, there is someone else I would like you to meet."

"Who is it?" you asked.

"She's a geneticist, she can look at your genes and tell you what it is." He explained. "You can trust her"