03

"U Alteza. (Your highness)"

I fluttered my eyes opened and sat up immediately before I looked around the room. I was on a large bed with silk sheets covering me. I slowly got off the bed and looked around before I heard:

"U Alteza."

That's when I saw two blue maidens holding crystal bowls with fruits in one and hair accessories in another.

"Hola."I politely greeted as I gave them a small bow that made them giggle.

"Ma' k'a'abet a inclinar a tu taan to'on. Chéen chan doncellas. (You do not have to bow. We are just maidens.)"One of them softly said as they gestured me towards the dressing table that had a mirror, I realised that my hair had purple highlights again which took me by surprise.

"Le doncellas xan merecen respeto. U cortesía común (Maidens deserve respect too. It is common courtesy)."I responded as I gave them a small smile as I watched them do my hair ever so gently.

How do I know this language?

"Kul'ku'klan teech ka u pedido. (Ku'kul'kan has requested you.) "One maiden politely said as she finished up my hair, I looked at my afro in awe before I looked up at the maidens through the mirror.

The other maiden then took out a couple of traditional attire and draped me in a white silky dress that showed off my back but was tight around the right areas.

"Ya'ab níib óolal. (Thank you very much.)"I politely said as they led me out of the room and I followed them until we arrived to the familiar cave.

"Le Reina waye'. (The Queen is here)."The maiden announced as she led me into the tent and that's when I saw Namor.

"Thank you."I mumbled as I bowed at the both of them before I looked up at Namor.

"You look beautiful."he said as he looked back to give me a small smile and it seemed genuine.

"Thank you. I have questions."I blurted out as I watched him walk towards me and he towered over me.

"Already?"he teased as he looked down at me whilst chuckling lightly.

"If you do not mind."I spoke maintaining the eye contact.

"Go ahead, In yakunaj. (my love)."he simply said in his raspy but velvet voice that made me feel comfortable.

"Why are they calling me their queen? I haven't agreed to marry you yet."I stated as I looked up at him.

"They have seen the painting and they all know of the prophecy. I did not tell them anything."he gently reassured me as he placed both his hands on my arms and gently caressed them.

"Why do you touch me as if I am delicate."I asked as I looked down at both his hands.

"A man with my strength should always be careful."he simply stated.

"Why did you tell, Tuma to go easy on me?"I asked as I looked up at him.

"I told him not to touch you, not to take it easy on you."he responded as he shrugged he shoulders and placed his hand under my chin.

"I would have to kill him if he laid a finger on you."he nonchalantly said which sent shivers down my spin.

"He hurt my mother."I muttered as I looked up at him.

"She put up quite a fight so he says."he responded as he gently ran his thumb on the side of my face.

"She's a warrior."I said as I looked up at him  with a frown.

𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara