Chp. 3

"Heartless you, you've made my heart your abode, so beautiful, so merciless. And yet when the time stops, just like you and me. we're stuck in time. I crave your warmth all over me."
~Ivy Miles

= = = = = = =

Ivy Pov_

Taking a deep breathe, I knocked on the door. I heard the lock click and the door opened slightly revealing a young man wearing an apron. 

"Hello, I'm Ivy Miles, I'm here to see Ms. Walter.", I said politely smiling at the man. His eyes widened and he shut the door with a loud bang. 

Okay, What the fuck?

I just stood there, staring at the polished dark wood in front of me, confused. Then the door opened again, this time, with a beautiful young woman holding it wide. She smiled warmly at me, and I suddenly realized importance of this moment. I had worked so damn hard in my life to get here and now, seeing her in front of me, physically, only made me feel more solid. Weird, I know but that's how I was feeling at the moment. 

"Well, Ms. Miles, won't you come in?", she asked me, her warm brown eyes twinkling.
"I- uh- y- yes of course. Thank- thank you.", I replied hoping that the silly stammer will go in sometime, she chuckled.
"Take a sit Ivy, is it ok for me to call you Ivy? The name seems rather sentimental to you-", she looked at me.
"Oh yes Ivy is fine.", I smiled grateful to God for not stammering.
She reciprocated my smile and said after a brief pause, "If you just wait for a few minutes, I will join you shortly and then you can get started with your interview thingy."
"Of course, I'll wait", I nodded and watched quietly as she left. 

I exhaled the breath that I didn't knew I was holding in. Taking her absence as an opportunity, I looked around. Quickly noticing that the drawing room was filled with an incredible number of books.  Books on my right, books on my left, books under the staircase, books on shelves that were all over in the room making it look tiny and cramped but at the same time, cozy and welcoming. There was a fire going in the dark grate, with angry ambers spluttering out of the grate every now and then. The comfortable sofa, that I was sitting on, was white as was most of the furniture. I noticed, with a shiver of unexplainable fear, that all the furniture was either white or brown, all of it metal. 

= = = = = = =

"Sorry for the wait, Ivy. We can start now.", my host apologized with a small smiled. I opened my mouth to reply but we both turned our heads towards the stairs as the boy from earlier ran down. He came up to us, avoiding me, and stood behind the pretty lady in front of me, nudging her elbow. I decided his age was roughly around my own. But thought it would be rather unprofessional of me to ask. 

"Oh, this is my son, Alex- please don't look so shocked, I'm not as young as you might think!", she said chuckling at me before continuing again.
 "He wants to stay with us and see the interview if you're ok with it, of course?"
 I nodded.
"Good", he nudged her elbow again and she rolled her eyes.
"He is a big, big fan of your books and he's read all your work like, a hundred times!" she finished.

"Well then Alex, why don't you talk to me yourself?", I asked tilting my head in genuine confusion.
"He's too shy.", My host said sighing.
"Oh. Well, should we start then?", I asked her, and she nodded excitedly. Her eyes lit up and she smiled with a dimple adorning her left cheek.

Stop woman, you're turning me gay- oh wait- what?!

Shaking my head, I tried to clear my rather unhealthy thoughts. I looked up at my host to see she was now sitting on the chair next to me, getting happily comfortable with the puffy pillows. Meanwhile her son, Alex, just stood there, ill at ease. I cleared my throat but then he interrupted me.

"M-mum, I'll get Ann she wanted to meet her.", He said nodding at me without looking at me, which I found utterly rude. But, oh- whatever. 

"Yeah.", she replied fortunately not noticing my stare. Alex left the house in a haze, and I frowned. What the hell is up with him?  Ms. Walter was looking at me. 

"Ivy?", she called out tentatively. I quickly turned my attention back to her.
"Your very damn pretty- holy crap-! I- I'm really sorry! I uh- fuck."
Great! I just swore in front of a person I've been dying to meet. Not once, not twice, but THRICE! Trust Ivy Miles to mess up. As I sat there cursing at me, she cleared her throat. 

I looked up from my lap, she was blushing furiously, and I found that, oddly, very-freaking-adorable
"Thank you, Ivy, you're really pretty too.", she said with a somewhat shy smile.
"Thank you, Ms. Walter.", I smiled.

"Oh yeah, please call me by my name", she said suddenly the blush gone. I nodded and opened my mouth again intending to get done with this interview asap so that we could sleep. 

"So, Riana-", I started only to be chipped in by her again.
"No, no, I meant my real name. Please call me Yosuda. Or yet better, Suda."

TADA!!!
epi.3 out ya'll  I know, 04;28 in the morning isn't the best time to update,
but well, me being me! Oh, and I heard covid-19 coming in again (god I'm so done) So pls, pls take extra care and take the booster dose (or whatever those thingys are) if you haven't already. That's it for now,
Stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy!! Keep the support rollin' in!!!
GOODBYE!!!
                          -IvyMiles