Chp. 9

"Just like the train tracks, we speak, not a word of the world we've each seen. We just trust each other and run miles ahead of ourselves. You are the only form of love that I trust, you are the only form of love that I love." 
~Ace Turner

= = = = = = =

It would be a good idea to bring these old words to light again, 'Winning is not important but trying is.' What makes most sense in the sentence is the fact that our ancestors had acknowledged the fact that people tend to have a 'win everything' tendency.

And for sure they do, but it's the way in which these words are used, the tones, the expressions... The way these words are portrayed that makes a difference. For we could be thinking of the words as motivating or we could be looking at them in a way that suggests, 'Trying is enough.'

And so different perspective and different personalities altogether start getting formed. Some positive, others drowning in negativity. What basically makes the difference most commonly, though, is the situation. It really does matter to shape a person. Now keeping that example aside, lets focus more on the same thesis.... But in practical life. 

People tend to make sense of words or life on the basis of how they have been through it. A person who had a good teacher for a certain subject, would tell you how easy it is. But on the contrary, if someone had a not-so-good teacher for it, probably a slacker, would be frustrated at the simple mention of it. Life is all about picking the correct meaning out of it. But...

How many examples like that do we come across every day and pass them without notice? Think about it....

(Please that doesn't even make sense T_T)

= = = = = = =

Author pov_

[___: You're going to have to get out of the cover.]
[___: Do I really need to?]
[___: Of course, you have to, Chris. You need to talk to him yourself.]

[Chris: Why?]
[___: If you have a problem, we can always stop the trade.]
[Chris: *silence* I still think you can fix this.]

[___: I need a professional]
[Chris: You are a professional, you don't need me to remind you.]
[___: *groan* I need a more professional professional. C'mon-]

[Chris: *sigh* fine. Get me his number. But keep this in mind, if he double crosses us, there will be hell to pay]
[___: *laughing* I'll take his responsibility. *Serious* Now just focus on getting her in a scandal as bad as possible.]
[Chris: Ordering me around doesn't go in your favor.]

[___: That's why I choose you every time. You're straightforward.]
[Chris: Is that it?]
[___: *chuckle* There's something for you]
[Chris: What is it?]

[___: I have information about your fa-]
[Chris: Not now... Not on a call. Meet me at that Seaside Place]
[___: You're not taking chances, are you?]

[Chris: I'll see you there at 8 sharp]

He ended the call quickly, not wanting to show any more emotion than needed. Chris rang a bell on his desk and soon, there was a knock on the door. 

"You called for me, sir?" she asked in a timid voice.
"Cancel my schedule from 8PM onwards,"
"Sure sir, what should I give as a reason?"
"Tell them I have an urgent case to work on,"
"Certainly." She bowed and left the room as he slowly got out of my desk. 

Rummaging through the cabinet drawer, he found what he was looking for. A picture of him and his family. His mom, his dad, his younger brother and sister. He smiled softly looking at the red shapes drawn around his siblings' face. Marks that they all had planned to brand on their wrists. A triangle on his wrist, a circle on Vivy's and a star on Cyril's.