Chp. 4

"Where were you while I sailed, alone in the cloudy sky, you've been my fate since and I, your holy grail. The railway tracks are forever so close, yet they never spoke a word. Oh, why must the glow get all the praise when what burned was never the wax."
~Park Jimin

= = = = = = =

Ivy pov_

"No no, I meant my real name, please call me Yosuda, or better yet, Suda."
"Then I might as well be more friendly, Suda."
My host smiled as I placed the recorder in the midst of us so that our conversation can be recorded. I held up three fingers and she nodded mutely. Lowering my finger one by one, I took a deep breath.

"Hello everyone, welcome to the first episode of knowing the spotlights! Today we have with us, Ms. Nam Riana aka Nam Suda.  Well, without any further ado, let's get started! First question up, when did you...."

= = = = = = =

"......Thank you Suda. It was great to talk to you!", I said and folded the paper with questions before putting it in my jeans pocket.

"The pleasure's all mine, it was an amazing experience for me too." she replied with a smile that never seemed to leave her face.

"Thank you to all of my listeners. I hope you are staying strong and positive wherever you are. Thats it for today. I'll see you again next week!", I finished and carefully stopped the recorder. 

I stole a quick glance towards the entrance as the door opened and a very cool gust of air shot in. Alex and a girl stood there both looking strangely pale. 

"Oh Ivy, meet Anne, my daughter." she said with, which I saw as, a forced smile.

"What took you so long?" she asked them once me and Vivian had shaken our hands.

"Oh- well I- uh I left to look for her up at her tree shed but- uhh-"

"Stop trying to save her! You went to the river again, didn't you?", Suda scolded her son and asked her daughter. 

"Yeah mum, I did" she replied Suda sighed and opened her mouth to say something.
"Suda, can you show me where the restroom is?", I asked. 

"I'll take you", Alex said- well mumbled we exited the room and he pointed towards a door.
"Thanks", I murmur just loud enough for him to hear.

= = = = = = =

"I'll take my leave now. Thank you again, Suda. I enjoyed my time here.", I smiled and picked up my bag. 

"No! Don't go!", Alex exclaimed. I could feel the heat travelling to my cheeks. Ann(Roseanne) Sniggered earning a flick on the forehead from her 'mum'. 

"Thanks Alex but uhh, I need to go, my cousin is waiting for me."

"No he's right Ivy, its dark and misty out there. I can't let you go. I'm sure your friend will understand", Suda said shaking her head.

"I don't know. I'll have to talk to him. I think you're right though-", I said uncertainly glancing out of the window. Ann and Alex high-fived and Suda gave me a small smile before exiting the living room.

I pulled out my phone and called him.

"Hey Ivy! You're late I'm still waiting for you!", he said as soon as he answered the call.

"Yeah, no I'm sorry Sid, I can't come. I'm still at Suda's place and there's a fully blown blizzard here. It's completely dark outside and-", I went off telling him all the problems quickly. He chuckled interrupting me.