Chp. 13

"Give me a rose, let the thorn prick me, Let my blood flow, finally set me free, Cause, damn, time can't heal times like a bloody rose, From friends to lovers, we ended up being foes."
~Ivy Miles

= = = = = = =

Ivy was sitting at the window of this cozy little cafe, drinking coffee by herself. There were clouds gathering overhead and a bit of rumbling throughout the sky. People were running here and there, trying to get where they needed to be before the rain came down. Meanwhile our young writer sat near a large one-sided window, looking at the hustle going on around.

She smiled softly as a heartwarming sight fell to her vision. A small boy hung on each of his parents' hands as they picked him up time and again. The three of them would laugh every time the son jumped on himself. Ivy felt serene watching this. Slowly, her smile fell. She knew Hyunsu missed his father. She knew he needed his father. The kid didn't even know who his father was. He had asked, a few weeks prior, about his father. And Ivy did what she always did in such situations, avoiding answering.

Of course, she didn't enjoy doing so, but if he found who his father was, he'd try to reach out. And that would ruin everything for Ivy. She had worked hard since a very young age just to make sure he had everything growing up. She was a teen-mom and she lived in a criticizing society. Surviving in that sort of environment was hard, especially for single mothers like herself.

She could have tried to remarry, date someone else, or simply, joined her father's company. But she chose to stand up on her own, build her own empire. She had to strive hard to make sure her reader had no idea what she looked like. She still took care to stay covered most of the time when she was out on her own. She was here, on her own.

And so, when Sid came to her, offering to sponsor shows and funds for her books, she didn't hesitate. And that one mistake which brought her story up, the accident. She'd never forget that night... The night of the accident. Screeching of the breaks, the thunder, the rain splashing on her as she went out to check... It was a nightmare she wanted so dreadfully to forget but couldn't ever get out of.

Ivy looked around, trying not to be suspicious of every single person out with a camera. She patted her fake blond hair just to make sure the wig was still in place.

She lowered her gaze down at her mug, still half filled with coffee. Soon after that, the doorbell chimed, and she raised her eyes to look at the door. She hoped it would be the person she was expecting, but it was not. Though, a man, whose shoulders were slightly wet, came in and Ivy took up to observe him. He took off his baseball cap for a minute and ruffled his stark black hairs. After that, he pulled out his phone looking around the cafe. He was wearing a faded blue denim jacket and ripped black jeans, and a black mask.

Ivy's phone binged.

[Rae-Rae: Hey, u there yet?]
[Ivy: Yeah here. Ur date isn't here yet though.]

[Rae-Rae: He said he's there?]
[Ivy: Can't see him.]

[Rae-Rae: He's in there, white cap and denim jacket]
[Rae-Rae: u see him anywhere?]

[Ivy: Hm... Yeah. Tell him it's table number 16.]
[Rae-Rae: Alright. Thanks for this bro!!]

[Rae-Rae: Next time I'll ask Ace to go with u]
[Ivy: There's no next time]

[Ivy: Hey? Reply?]
[Ivy: Seen? Srsly?]
*seen*

"Bitch." Ivy muttered as her friend ended the call. She sighed once more, draining the cup in front of her as she noticed the man make his way over.