Chp. 7

"We've been in the water since eternity, yet we're still thirsty. The salty water never quenched our thirst. Neither did it ever wash away, our thoughtless sins... so what's the use of it all?"
~Sid Clayton

= = = = = = =

Jimin pov_

I am driving my car. The sunroof is lowered, and night air is sweeping past me. As an unconscious habit, my one hand is on the staring wheel and the other resting on my thigh. I looked to my left and see her sitting there. Looking at me with a soft smile playing on her lips. Just looking at me. She is silent. As silent as the night itself. No words passed our lips, but our eyes said it all. 

A tear rolls down my cheek and her smile fade a bit. She shakes her head before pointing towards herself. Then she points at me and then made a pinkie promise gesture with both her hands. I smiled and did all I could to stop the tears just to fail miserably.....

 I miss her. Dreadfully.

But suddenly, her sweet smile is replaced by a horrific one. She smiles at me flashing her teeth. And then she opened her mouth and lets out a terrible, terrible scream. She screams and screams making me slam my hands on my ears. I shut my eyes tight as tears continue raining on my cheeks. I shake my head repeatedly, aggressively. Trying to get her voice out of my head.

I know it is already too late, when I looked forward. To see a truck coming towards me. The headlights almost burning as I squint. The situation finally sinks in, and I opened my mouth to let out a whimper. My eyes widened and I shout at them to stop. But nothing changes. The truck still comes towards me and in a spilt second- I am screaming myself hoarse. 

A hand comes out of nowhere and starts shaking me aggressively. A voice.... is calling out to me. Urging me to open my eyes. Urging me to- wake up?

- - - 

I opened my eyes with a snap and sat up. My body was covered in sweat and my hairs were stuck to my forehead. I looked to my left and saw Era looking back at me. Her own eyes wide with tears glistening softly in them. And then she hugged me. I tried to budge her off but she shook her head stubbornly making me give in. I hugged her back and after a while my breathing comes back to normal. She let go of me and sat back. 

"You were screaming in your sleep and I- I was scared what happened?" not knowing what to say for a while, I say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up." I said my voice coming out as a crock. She sighed softly, shaking her head. Then she reached out besides me and picked up a water bottle. She opened the cap before handing it to me. I chugged in a few mouthfuls and shook my head, letting out a chuckle.

"Go back to sleep Era. We have that meeting tomorrow." I said and Era shook her head. 
"No. You damn meathead how the fuck do you expect me to sleep now huh?!" she said flicking my forehead. 

"Well then stay up I don't care; I'm going back to sleep." I said earning a scoff from her. She gave me a glare which I passionately reciprocated. She sighed then and got up from my bed walking towards the door mumbling to herself. Reaching the door, Era turned back to look at me and said quietly,

"If you need me, I'm right next to your room, okay?" I nodded and she looked at me for a minute and turned away mumbling something once again that sounded suspiciously like '....what the fuck...... being that polite and all....' and more incoherent words. I stood up and quickly went in the washroom. Starting the water, I splashed my face a few times with it and looked at my reflection, a bit blurrily. After patting my face dry on a towel nearby, I exited the washroom. I turned back towards my bed only to see Era sleeping there with her Cooky plushie. She opened up her blanket a bit with closed eyes, mentioning me to get in. 

I smiled despite the looming dullness in my being, before walking over to the bed. I slept quickly and this time, with no interruptions. 

= = = = = = =

Author pov_

Ivy woke up with sweat covering her forehead and labored breathes. Blinking her eyes repeatedly, she tried to get that horrific dream out of her mind. She dreamt of him tonight.... Asking for forgiveness. But why? She sighed again and got out of the bed after planting a kiss on her sons' forehead.  Entering the balcony, she immediately felt calmer as the cold wind whistling past her. She stood their stock-still wondering what exactly that dream was. Who was that man and why did he have no face....

Next day_

It was a cold winter morning with a bit of warmth. The sun was shining lambently, high in the sky. The apricity was a surprise, and a good one at that. The only problem was Hyunsoo having a hard time choosing his cloths. Yes, he's just 6yrs old but he already has a good, in fact perfect, sense in dressing. That was one of the many things his mother and her friends were proud of about him. 

Ivy didn't want to do it, but Hyunsoo was a treasure. And treasure must be kept hidden from the world. Hyunsoo was young but he already understood a lot about what happened around him. Ivy often felt bad about it. Which mother wouldn't? Which mother would want their child to be kept hidden? To be mature beyond his or her age? 

There were not many people who knew about her son. Apart from Ace, Sid, Rael and Ivy's grandmother. After the death of her parents, her grandmother and Hyunsoo were the only family she had. Her grandmother, though 49, still looked beautiful as if she didn't age at all. Ivy's mother had been a stunning beauty when she was alive. Not to mention that her father was one of the most handsome musicians from Korea. 

Years ago, when the marriage of the musician Seojun with a CEO of the very well-known make-up company was made official, it was a success. The makeup company had always been Jukyung's dream. And her beautiful personality instantly enhanced Seojun's heart. Later when they got married, they had a beautiful daughter, and they named her Ivy. On Ivy's fourth birthday, a fire broke out and she lost everything. Her grandma and uncle took over the company till she was 18. And when she was, she refused to join it. Her cousin Sid had then taken over without a choice, but she knew how much he loved working there. 

After her tragic lost, Ivy found solace in music, books and of course, her two best friends. Ivy studied in a prestigious school meaning; money was a person. And the news of her parents dying, meant a loss of friends. But Ace and Rael had stuck with her through it. They had no reason too, but they still had; and Ivy was beyond grateful. Whenever she saw her world crumbling down to ashes, she always found them with her. Ace, Rael, Sid, her grandmother and of course, her little angel. 

= = = = = = =

Yayyy look who's not dead!!! A long chapter as an apology.
I'm sorry gays but I have been using my mind TOO much in
The past month. Anyway, I thought you lot must be curious.
To know about our lovely Ivy so here. Some information 
About her past and all. 

Hope you enjoyed, stay safe, 
Stay strong, stay positive!!
                        -Ivymiles