Chapter 57

"Anyone sick? Anyone need some titty milk to feel better" Maddie standing in the team living room with her two full bottles from pumping "going once" showing everyone as she swivels side to side "going twice"

"SOLD TO ATLAS WHO WILL NOT TOUCH IT ONCE ITS IN A BOTTLE" putting the bottles down to bag it "I don't know why he won't take a bottle we've tried it with everyone and he won't take the bottle" Wanda noting as she sits on the counter watching her pour the milk.

"I don't know but he had no problem latching onto my nipple last night when we were on the couch" Bucky peeling an orange for Willow and Ava as the hold on his calves. "He tried to milk you?" Sam now speaking up from the couch.

"Ya it was a weird feeling. I didn't know a baby could get that much in their mouth" handing the girls both a bowl of peeled oranges.

"What do the girls need for Christmas?" Wanda watching the girls pick the oranges from the others bowls and not their owns. "Any toys are fine as long as it's a toy that can teach them I don't want something that isn't learnable"

"Okay so no building blocks" Sam noting "No building blocks are fine as long as they are different colors so they can organize them by color and then by their name" lifting the bag up pushing all the air out to leave only the milk.

"So then any toy will work then" dropping the bag down once fully sealed as she looks to Sam "No tablets, no fake phones, no fake remotes, nothing that is digital I am still holding up on my limited screen time and tablet time. I'm lucky I got Willow out of wanting a tablet after I took her to that daycare."

"The one in California was so nice for the girls" Steve now interjecting as he holds sleeping Atlas "I know I miss it all the time, they were so good with the girls" clutching her hands to her chest as she reminisces about it. "Ya I also loved that the yard was constantly open for them to use"

"That was my favorite part!" Maddie and Steve going back and forth on how amazing the daycare was as Bucky watches them talk about it and the smile growing on Maddie face the more they talked about it.

"You wish that was you huh" Sam nudging him with his elbow "shut it" nudging him hard in the ribs.

Yawning as she exits the elevator after the team took the girls and Atlas to give her and Bucky a break for a few hours. Walking into the apartment seeing Bucky sitting on the arm rest with his arm crossed looking at her. 

"Atlas has been fed, so we have a minimum 3 hours." closing the door locking it as he still sits there staring at her. Walking towards him wondering if he just fell asleep with his eyes open "What are we doing?" he voice low as he finally speaks. 

Confused by his question. "Apparently looking at one another" walking closer to him. Watching his chest rise and fall with heaviness "What are we doing?" scrunching her brows together looking at him. 'Maybe sex?' thinking as she steps a little closer putting her hands on the arm rest of the couch "What are we doing?" smirking at him as she flicks her eyes between his seeing him not even reacting to her. 

"Madison" he tone short making her backoff immediately as she pushes herself up to stand up straight. "Okay, what? Because I am very confused on what is going on here."

"Don't play dumb with me Madison" shaking her head trying to figure what is happening "I'm not playing dumb but I have no idea what you are talking about" nervously laughing at the situation. 

Uncrossing his arms as he reaches behind him then pulling around a white stick. Holding it out in front of him for her to see. Pushing her head back to focus on the item in front of her seeing it was her pregnancy test from a few days ago. Her eyes widening as she grabs it from him "This was negative" 

Looking down at it in her hands as Bucky gets from the arm rest. Unable to speak as she tilts the stick side to side trying to somehow see the line disappear. "I don't want another kid Maddie" 

Spinning her head to look at him holding all his weight onto one arm as he leans on the kitchen counter wiping his hand down his face. "I'm tired, we have three kids right now I don't think I could handle another one right now" seeing how tired he is as he stands there. 

"James this was negative just the other day, I-" getting cut off as he speaks "Well you obviously think your pregnant to take the test"

"Because I was nausea for two days, and it doesn't help that you finish in me when you know I'm not on birth control" 

"You should've told me" ending it in a bite. "It was negative-"

"ITS FUCKING POSITIVE MADISON!" shouting at her as he points to the stick "IT WAS NEGATIVE ASSHOLE!" shouting back to him not liking him yelling at her for no reason. "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU RAISING YOUR VOICE AT ME!?" turning to face him instead of over her shoulder "IT TAKES TWO FUCKING PEOPLE TO MAKE A FUCKING BABY JAMES IT WASN'T JUST ME SO LOWER YOUR FUCKING VOICE!"

Both of them heated as they stare between one another, "Fine sorry" clearly not sorry "Fuck this shit" throwing her hands in the air as she turns and walks off to the bedroom. "Where are you going?" following after her as she slams opens the master bedroom and then the bathroom door. 

Looking at her squatted down in front of her vanity as she digs around finding a pregnancy test. Ripping open the bag as she pulls her shorts down quickly peeing on the stick, "Maddie" speaking in his normal tone towards her watching the anger radiating off of her, "There you can check it in three minutes" throwing it at him after clicking on the cap. 

Catching it like it was nothing. Quickly washing her hands before trying to exit through the door Bucky is blocking "Maddie-"

"Move out of the way James I am not in the mood to talk and I'm definitely not in the mood to be around you" ducking under his arm heading to the front door. "Can we talk for just a second please" now feeling bad with how shit blew up. 

"I DON'T WANT ANOTHER FUCKING KID EITHER JAMES! DID YOU EVER THINK THAT! I'M FUCKING TIRED AS WELL, I'M UP ALL THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT RIGHT NOW TO FEED YOUR SON WHO WON'T TAKE A FUCKING BOTTLE! YOU WENT 0 TO A FUCKING MILLION WITHOUT ASKING ME ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT ARE WE DOING, YOU TOOK AN OLD PREGNANCY TEST OUT OF THE FUCKING TRASH AND FUCKING BELIVED IT! IF YOU WOULD DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH YOU WOULD KNOW AFTER SITTING THE TEST WILL COME BACK POSITIVE BECAUSE OF I DON'T KNOW WHY SCIENCE! FUCK YOU AND YOUR STUPIDITY JAMES" flipping him off as she tries to walk out the front door. 

Reaching for her grabbing her arm to stop her "Maddie listen-"

"Fuck off" punching his arm that was holding her other arm not registering till it was too late it was his metal arm. A sharp inhale being heard as he face pinches for a moment. Trying her best to not react as she tugs her arm out of his grasp "Maddie stop stop" grabbing her hand she punched with to look at it. "Leave me alone" pushing him away as she opens the door and walks out slamming the door closed. 

Mr. Barnes the timer is done - F.R.I.D.A.Y.

Sighing as he grabs the test out of his pocket. Flipping it around seeing the single red line standing prompt "Fuck" throwing it over his shoulder resting his hands on his hips. 

================================================================================

I had nothing else to add lol. Night loves!

~Dianne