3~ Marriage

Both the grooms are sitting down in their place, waiting for their bride. Their faces are covered with Sehra ( headdress to cover the face of the groom). Vihaan is calmly sitting while Yuvaan is getting impatient to see Prisha. He sometimes tried to peek from his Sehra but every time Akshita would see him and slap his back.

Just after a few minutes, their bride came with a veil covering their face. Two of them are looking so beautiful with red bridal lehenga, like goddesses walking down stairs.

Indeed they are Raghuvanshi's daughter-in-law.

Prena went to Prisha's side and made her sit beside Yuvaan. Yuvaan is silent because Abhiraaj has told him to and only he knows how much he is afraid of his bade papa. Ragini went to Mahi and took her towards Vihaan, Mahi sat beside him.

Priest started the mantra and rituals of the wedding. A fire is burning in the centre of mandap. Both of the couples stood up for JAI MALA ( Floral garland) First bride put the jai mala around the neck of their groom then the groom did the same. Slowly Kanyadan time came and Mahi, Prisha's parents came to perform this ritual.

( Kanyadan:- This ceremony is performed by the bride's parents. They give their daughter in marriage by placing her hand on the groom's right hand. The bride's parents pray that their son-in-law will look after their daughter.)

Time come for Saat Phere...( Seven circles around sacred fire)

Both the couples stood up. Groom will take the first four Phere followed by the bride who takes the rest three. Vihaan and Yuvaan grabbed their bride's hands. Tears left from one eye while the other smiles softly under the veil.

1. In the first round or Phera, the couple prays to god for plenty of nourishing and pure food. They pray to god to let them walk together so that they will get food.

2. In the second round or Phera, the couple prays to god for a healthy and prosperous life. They ask for physical, spiritual and mental health from god.

3. In the third round or Phera, the couple prays to god for wealth. They ask God for the strength for both of them so that they can share the happiness and pain together. Also, they pray so that they can walk together to get wealth.

4. In the fourth round or Phera, the couple prays to god for the increase in love and respect for each other and their respective families.

5. In the fifth round or Phera, the bride and groom together pray for the beautiful , heroic and noble children of god.

6. In the sixth round or Phera, the couple asks for a peaceful long life with each other.

7. In the seventh round or Phera, the couple prays to god for companionship, togetherness, loyalty and understanding between themselves. They ask God to make them friends and give them the maturity to carry out the friendship for lifetime. The husband says to his new wife that now they have become friends after the seven vows and they will not break their friendship in life.

Just like this, the Saat Phere ended. The bride and groom's family is only wishing that this marriage happens quickly without any interruption.

Now after the seven steps , Pandit ji told the groom to place the Mangalsutra around the bride's neck. Both of them took the mangalsutra and leaned towards their bride's face to tie it around their neck.

( Mangalsutra:- A nuptial chain like a golden necklace with black beads in it.)

Raghuvanshi's heart started to beat loudly when pandit ji told to apply sindoor ( Vermillion) at the parting of the bride's hair. Prena went and hid the face of Yuvaan's bride as he placed the sindoor at the partition of bride's hair.