5~ Hatred and disappoitment

Prisha slowly opened her eyes hearing a knock on the door. After getting her vision clear she climbed down from the bed and walked towards the door. Opening the door she found Akshita with clothes and jewellery in hands.

" Good Morning Bhabhi...."

Prisha smiled slightly at her then wished her too.

" Mumma gave this and told you to get ready for Muh dikhai."

( Muh dikhai :- This ceremony is basically held to introduce the new bride to the groom's family. The ladies unveil the face of bride and shower her with gifts. )

Prisha took the clothes from her and nodded her head. Akshita then said.

" Do you need my help?"

Prisha blinked her eyes then replied while smiling.

" umm, No I will manage. Thankyou for asking."

Askhita smiled at her then left after telling her time to come down, Prisha entered the room , closed the door and noticed it's 5.30 in morning and she has to go down before 7.00. She hurriedly entered the bathroom to take a shower. After a while she came out with wet hair and a saree draped in a careless manner.

Standing In Front of the mirror, she first started to dry her hair with a dryer, then let it fall down on her back. Applying foundation, small Bindi, red lipstick she was about to apply Vermillion but her hands stopped in a mid way. Shrugging the sad thought away she took the tiny box which has vermillion in it.

She took the pinch of it and closed her eyes as she applied it on her hairline, just then someone entered into the room Making her startle. She opened her eyes and saw Vihaan.

He passed her a sharp glance and she blinked her eyes. She put the vermillion box on the table and turned around towards him but he walked to the bathroom. She took a breath of relief then started getting ready. Taking the Mangalsutra she tied it around her neck, wore the earrings, bangles and anklets then combed her hair.

She removed the saree from her shoulder and started to wear it properly. She sighed softly when she was done.

She moved her hand behind to tie the strings of her blouse and she achieved her success in second attempt.

Vihaan came out and went to the closet to get ready.

Not wanting to waste more time she covered her head and face with a separate dupatta and walked outside the room. She saw Mahi already downstairs. Akshita came to her and helped her climb down the stairs.

Akshita made her sit down beside Mahi. Bhavna told everyone to start the muh dikhai. So many people came including People of Rajgarh only to see new brides of Raajmahal.

Few people did ask about Prisha being Vihaan's wife but every time Family would make an excuse. Gifts were given to both the brides. And slowly this ceremony ended smoothly till 9.00 Am. When guests exit the mahal. Bhavna came towards Mahi and Prisha. Both of them stood up. Their faces are uncovered but their heads are still covered.

" As you two know you two have to make food. It's your first Rasoi."

(First Rasoi:- New bride basically made food for the first time in their new home and the Elders gave them gifts.)

They nodded their heads and Bhavna told Ragini and Prena to show them the kitchen. They took their daughter-in-laws to the kitchen and told them everything where things like sugar and salt are kept.

Prisha glances at Mahi from the corner of her eye who is busy cooking. She wondered if it was the right time to talk to her. Perhaps, Mahi won't even like talking to her.