Chapter 5

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"(M/N)! You! You idiot!" (Redacted) shouted as he flung his whole body against mine. The vidyadhara High Elder wrapped his arms around my bandaged waist, but he put so much strength in his arms that it was starting to hurt...

"Argh! Please! Have mercy on me..." I pleaded while patting his back gently.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." (Redacted) apologised softly while softening his grip. He lifted his head from my neck and looked at me with glassy puppy eyes. I laughed wholeheartedly and placed a chaste kiss on his nose. His mood seemed to improve just a little bit - his tail was happily swaying from side to side by the display of affection.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, love," I softly apologised while putting my forehead against his. "Hm. You're forgiven. But, please be more careful and take more care of yourself, okay? You were out for days... I thought... I thought I've lost you! Don't scare me like that!" (Redacted) cried, so I patted his head to comfort him. "Yeah, I will," I said and kissed his tears away to seal this promise.

Until the day I was officially discharged, I received visits from my family and close friends, including the High Cloud Quintet members. (Redacted) would visit me too after he finished his duties as the High Elder, but he refused to leave my side to the point he had to be literally dragged away by YingXing, who told him to freshen up should he wish to be presentable in front of his mate again.

I could only laugh at their bickering, but at the same time, I really appreciated their company, especially my lover's...

*:・゚✧*:・゚

A pack of ice on my forehead interrupted the memory, bringing me back to reality. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see Lady Bailu with worried eyes. "Patient? Can you hear me?"

I slowly nodded...

"You were starting to burn up. So, I placed a pack of ice on your forehead. Can you tell me if you feel the coldness on your face?"

I nodded again...

"Good. Tell me how you're feeling right now."

"Dizzy, but alright..."

"Good. Very good! Here, I'll help you get back to bed," and with Lady Bailu's assistance, which wasn't really necessary, I laid down on the bed and slowly closed my eyes. Lady Bailu put the pack of ice back on my forehead. "I still have other patients to attend to, but do not hesitate to ask for help should you suddenly feel unwell again. Make sure to drink lots of water!"

"Yes, will do," and after my reply, Lady Bailu left. I reopened my eyes and stared at the ceiling with a frown, contemplating on what just happened in such a short span of time...

'Okay. Let's start from the beginning... I remember playing Honkai: Star Rail in my room. I wanted to make progress on the Trailblaze Quest until my screen suddenly went blindingly white. Then, I felt as if I got swallowed by my own laptop-screen and now... here I am in the freaking game itself...'