Chapter 30

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

(M/N)'s POV
'Have I truly made the right choice?' I wondered as I stepped through the portal with a heavy heart, 'My heart... feels so heavy...'

"Is something wrong, buddy?" (M/N) asked me with a tilt of his head. His question made me look at my former incarnation with a frown. "I... I honestly don't know how to feel about this..." This earned a hum from the raven haired. "I see... Well, let's think of it this way then. Your decision to return to your homeland. Where you confident with it?"

"Huh?" I became stunned with his question, "O-Of course... I'm confident with... it..." (M/N) raised his eyebrow, "You just staggered... by a lot."

"Yeah... I can't fool anyone with this," I sighed with a dejected look. My former incarnation smiled as he put one of his hands on my shoulder. "I've immediately noticed that your decision wasn't made from the bottom of your heart."

"You did?"

"Yes," he nodded, "but I said nothing and waited so I could have a talk with you one-on-one so I could double check with you," (M/N) moved his hand from my shoulder to where my heart was, "Tell me (M/N)... do you wish to return home and go back to where you belong? Or would you like to live a whole new life you've never lived, as a trailblazer with the Astral Express Crew?"

I gulped at his question, but answered with a firm tone "I... truly wish to travel... with the Crew..."

"Very good," (M/N) nodded, "Now let me ask you another question to truly see whether your previous decision came from the heart or not..."

"Can you bear to leave Dan Heng's side?"

"What do you..." I tried to ask, but got cut off by (M/N), "It's exactly what I meant. Know that your decision has broken Dan Heng's heart pretty badly. You may not have seen it, but he broke down after you stepped through the portal..."

"Dan Heng... cried... because he didn't want me to leave...?" I asked with shock as I felt my heart clench tightly in my chest. Silently, I placed my hand on my chest, remembering all my short, but precious moments with the Crew...

With Dan Heng... My sweet dragon Hengie...

Our first encounter...

*Thump*

Our little but enjoyable conversations...

*Thump* *Thump*

Our first subtle and then bolder ways of showing affection to each other as we got closer as time passed...

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

His declarations  of love for me and our first date...

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

Our final day together with Caelus and March... and our final moments before parting ways... only to never see each other again...

*Clench!*

I gritted my teeth as I clutched my shirt tightly.