Epilogue

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Heng's POV
It's been a few days since the day (M/N) was supposed to part ways with us... and had changed his mind to ultimately stay by our side to trailblaze as a permanent Crew member. PomPom was very happy to hear that the Crew got another permanent member and gave (M/N) a golden ticket to attach it on his clothes. It was proof that he was one of the Nameless now.

I was still over the moon by (M/N)'s decision, but it became apparent that my lover was starting to feel a little bit homesick... He may be an adult, but he would sometimes look at Miss Himeko and Mr. Yang as if they were his parents. When it got worse, he would stay quiet and look at the stars from the window with a slight distraught look. This made me realise his homesickness and, along with the Crew, wanted to work hard to prove to (M/N) that his decision to stay with us wasn't a mistake.

PomPom would give him snacks and cook a feast more often. Caelus sometimes took him dumpster diving in Belobog, which was up until now still an odd hobby in my eyes. March would take the initiative to take more pictures with (M/N) included as to not make him feel left out. And I would come out of the Archives way more often than usual to keep (M/N) company until he explicitly told me he needed some personal space, which was rare, but I could tell that he truly needed them to take everything in.

Sometimes, I would spot Miss Himeko and (M/N) drink a cup of coffee together in the Parlor Car. I guess Miss Himeko has finally found a coffee partner... I honestly did not expect my lover to like coffee. (M/N) told me that it was his daily drink to start the day when he was in his world.

'Ah... It brought him thus a feeling of nostalgia...'

Other times, Mr. Yang and (M/N) would talk about Aeons and Paths. Two subjects (M/N) was very interested in. He follows the Path of Erudition, but doesn't know much about its Aeon and sought Mr. Yang for a lecture. (M/N) would always listen carefully and ask more questions as the senior trailblazer kept telling and telling more lore of Nous and the forming of its Path. And when he was done, (M/N) would ask about the other Aeons. They would sit in the Parlor Car for hours until dinner time. March could truly learn from (M/N)'s ability to sit still for a long time, which the raven haired told me that it wasn't really a talent.

"When I went to school, I had to sit for hours and listen to the teacher's explanations with at least 30 other people. I sometimes couldn't concentrate because of the amount of people in the classroom," was what (M/N) said to me before he added with a smile "But with Mr. Yang, I no longer need to worry about that. He teaches me really well about this universe. Moreover he's patient and is willing to repeat things I don't really have a grasp of. I would say he could easily top off all my crappy teachers from my school!"

"Now, now..." Mr. Yang blushed as he pushed his glasses up, "I wouldn't really say that I am a great teacher, but thank you, (M/N)..."

I could tell our actions made (M/N) more comfortable and less lonely. To thank us, he got up extra early one morning and asked PomPom to make breakfast together for everyone. The five of us were surprised but thankful for (M/N)'s sweet gesture.

Little by little, (M/N)'s homesickness disappeared, but that did not mean that he'll never miss his homeworld. That's fine. (M/N) has decided to walk this path with me by his side to fight against his struggles, and I couldn't be happier than to give him a helping hand as long as he wants me to.

As of now, I was happily cuddling with my beloved in our own bedroom. I had my arms tightly wrapped around (M/N)'s torso while my head was placed on his chest, listening to his soothing heartbeat. (M/N) was still asleep and by the looks of it, he probably wasn't going to wake up anytime soon.