Chapter 9

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

3rd POV
After Dan Heng gained access to the momeries of the High Elder, he split the ocean in two and he thus opened a way to Scalegorge Waterscape, to the Ambrosial Arbor...

"The annals mention that Scalegorge Waterscape was once the location of the Dragon Palace. Small wonder - look at all these submerged structures..." FuXuan said in awe.

"I was fortunate enough to be here during The Shuhu Upheaval period - I witnessed this place in its prime. An age past - the palace was left in ruins, and the vidyadhara used their sacred homeland to imprison the Arbor. The Luofu and the Xianzhou are greatly indebted to them," JingYuan muttered before turning to the master diviner, "Lady Fu."

"Here, general."

"Remain here - lead the Cloud Knights in defense of this passage. We must prevent further incidents," the general ordered.

"Jing Yuan... General, are you planning to face Phantylia alone?" FuXuan asked in disbelief.

"I wouldn't say so, I'll be counting on a few friends for support," JingYuan smiled at the Astral Express Crew.

"General! Don't cast us aside! We're willing to go with you!" a Cloud Knight opposed.

"Yes, General! We may not be the mightiest force, but it's our duty as Cloud Knights to protect the Xianzhou - how can we let outworlders face the danger while we stay behind the lines!? With your permission, sir, allow me to lead the way," another Cloud Knight added, agreeing with his colleague.

"I understand your sentiment, soldiers..." JingYuan started. "...but the adversary ahead of us is not an Abomination of Abundance. They are Lord Ravager of the Antimatter Legion. Crossing this line will bring you into the conflict between the Reignbow Arbiter (Lan) and the Ruin Author (Nanook)..."

"You have a more important duty. Cloud Knights, attention! After I enter the Ambrosial Arbor, and if the seawater returns to its original state, you must withdraw immediately and seal off the delve once more. The Master Diviner will lead you!" JingYuan ordered with authority.

"Yes, general!" the soldiers complied.

JingYuan nodded before speaking to FuXuan. "Lady Fu, if I am unable to return, I entrust you with the important task of relaying the full account to the other Xianzhou ships."

"I trust you will be here to re-issue the order in person... but whatever the outcome, I will do as you command and honor the mission." FuXuan pledged. The general let out a soft chuckle. "Hahah, spoken like a true general."

And so, the general and the Express Crew parted ways with the Cloud Knights and the master diviner...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Phew, these steps are so apart. Gotta find a way down..." March 7th announced.

Upon arriving at their destination, they came across two vidyadhara Mirage Echo's.

"Use Scalegorge Waterscape to seal the Arbor? Treason! Blasphemy!" an old voice angrily exclaimed. "You've lost your senses! You think this will gain the trust of the Xianzhou natives? Those who are not of our kind can never be of our mind!"

"I understand your misgivings, but my decision is made. That is the course we must take," another old voice, but his mirage bore vidyadhara horns, indicating a High Elder, explained firmly.

The mirage without horns sputtered before regaining himself. "I... very well. In that case, I will report you to the Preceptors and have you stripped of the name and power of the high elder."