Chapter 15

Author's Notes
This will be a long chapter, but I hope you'll enjoy it!

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Heng's POV
(M/N) and I kept each other company by getting to know about one another and by trying to piece together our previous incarnations' memories, until I came to the realisation that the sun was setting when I looked outside via the window.

'Have I stayed this long in (M/N)'s room? I should head back before I make Mr. Yang and the others worry...'

I met (M/N)'s gaze with a sad look...

'But... I don't want to leave his side yet...'

"(M/N), I..."

Unfortunately, I got interrupted by soft knocking on my door. "Pardon my interruption," and the door opened revealing a nurse, "I'd like to remind you two that visiting hours are almost over."

"Ah, okay! Thank you for reminding us," (M/N) politely thanked the nurse, making her nod in return before closing the door with a soft thud.

"What is it you wanted to tell me, Dan Heng?"

"I'm sorry, it's nothing," I sighed, "Since it's getting late... I shouldn't overstay my visit here any longer and let you rest. You're still a patient here, after all."

"Alright, you should rest too, okay? Your eyebags haven't completely disappeared yet," (M/N) reminded me gently, making me look at him with a gentle smile, "Yeah, I will."

"Then I won't keep you here any longer. Go back and rest, okay? Take care of yourself. We can talk tomorrow, if you want. I won't go anywhere for the time being," (M/N) said.

"Okay. Goodnight (M/N). I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hm... Goodnight, Dan Heng."

I nodded and awkwardly patted the raven haired's head before swiftly leaving the room with a pink face and red ears.

'Gahhh! Why did I do that?! My body just reacted on it's own! He must think I'm weird now! Good job, Dan Heng! Very well done embarrassing yourself!'

I bonked my head against the wall of the corridor, making a few nurses look at me in confusion...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

(M/N)'s POV
I touched the area where Dan Heng patted me with a slight blush on my cheeks. Never did I ever expect to get a headpat from the stoic Dan Heng, who normally keeps everyone at arm's length...

'But he did it... It was pretty awkwardly done, but I could tell he tried his best after seeing his red ears... Cute!'

I yawned as I laid down on my bed.

'I never expected to meet my favourite character face to face that soon! Dan Heng in the flesh, huh? That means March, Caelus, Mr. Yang, Himeko, PomPom, JingYuan and many more characters, who were nothing but fictional people in a game, are all real! Moreover, I'll get to personally meet them sooner or later!'

I smiled in excitement as I closed my eyes, letting the exhaustion slowly overwhelm me bit by bit, and slowly, I drifted off to dreamland...