Chapter 22

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Heng's POV
After parting ways with the general, we saw Miss Huanxi standing at the dock not far away from our starskiff, which takes us to Scalegorge Waterscape.

"Be careful around her, Dan Heng. I've been getting this feeling she has ill intentions towards Lady Bailu, despite her claim of being her maid," (M/N) whispered, earning a nod of confirmation from me.

The female vidyadhara approached us when she caught sight of us. "Master Dan Heng, you're back. Have you made your decision? Will you come with me to meet with the elders first? Or... are you set on seeing Miss Bailu?"

"Miss Bailu is already waiting at Scalegorge Waterscape, no?" I stated, silencing the maid.

"Your stubborness is redolent of your previous incarnation," Miss Huanxi nodded.

"Sorry, but you're not going anywhere," an angry voice interrupted our conversation, making us turn around and come face to face with a group of angry vidyadhara.

"A criminal who destroyed our succession is unworthy of setting foot in the sacred places of the Vidyadhara!" one of them shouted.

"Wait!" Miss Huanxi halted them. "Master Dan Heng's presence at Scalegorge Waterscape has been approved by the Six Charioteers and the Preceptors. He is no longer the criminal he once was..."

Another angry vidyadhara scoffed at her statement. "Empty rhetoric, there are ways of unearthing his true identity... and even his reincarnation should answer for the monstrous crimes of the past. The Vidyadhara will never accept him!"

'There no way to hold a rational conversation with them...' I grimaced.

"(M/N), Miss Huanxi, stay behind me," I firmly ordered and got ready for battle.

"Alright. Be careful, Dan Heng," (M/N), who seemed to have understood what was about to happen, guided Miss Huanxi farther away from me after I nodded at him.

"Die, Dan Feng!" the group got ready to fight as well.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Hmpf! Cloud faring dragon... Rise!"

"Ugh! As I expected... Dan Feng... you have returned... hahahaha..." the last vidyadhara assassin breathed before disappearing in the form of dust speckles after I dealt the final blow.

I sighed and made my way to (M/N) and Miss Huanxi. Both of them were fortunately unscathed when I quickly scanned their bodies for injuries.

"Dan Heng! I'm so glad you're okay! Thank goodness!" (M/N) smiled happily, making me happy from the inside to see him smiling.

"Thank you for rescuing me, Master Dan Heng," Miss Huanxi blessed, earning an apology from me. "They came for me - I'm sorry you got dragged into it."

"It's risky to remain here - we should leave. Master Dan Heng, after your meeting, will you go with me to see the elders?" Miss Huanxi asked.

I politely rejected her offer. "Should I ever want to meet the Preceptors, Miss Huanxi, I'll ask you to pass on the message."

"... I understand. Please alight, Your Highness. Miss Bailu awaits you at Dragonvista Rain Hall," Miss Huanxi said.