Chapter 26

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Heng's POV
Tomorrow would be (M/N)'s last day in our universe... To make his stay here the best he's ever lived, I asked him if he wanted to go on a date with me...

'I know that I shouldn't be doing this, for the memories of us will be nothing but painful ones to remember because he'll no longer stay by my side... However, my gut feeling says that I will cry in regret, because I didn't bother to even put an effort on getting to know more about (M/N) until the day he'll have to leave...'

After bidding goodbye to Caelus, March, Himeko and Mr. Yang, (M/N) and I, with our hands tightly intertwined, left the Express Train for our date in Aurum Alley. I've heard that the Alley is trying to make a comeback after the Stellaron crisis has been resolved. As someone who's always been a wanderer with no home to return to, I didn't get the chance to take a look around that place, full of life, overwhelmed with scents of delicious food and packed with people. But now that my banishment has been lifted, I thought that this place could be the perfect place for a date with (M/N)...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Yesterday...

"Hm? You wish to go to Aurum Alley on our date?" (M/N) asked and I nodded in affirmation.

The two of us were cuddling on my futon, with the taller male leaning against the wall while I leaned with my front, and all of my weight, against his chest. Even though we behave like a couple, we've both decided to not put an official title to our relationship, seeing as it wouldn't even last more than a day...

'Despite that, I wish to spend every single moment by (M/N)'s side until we truly have to part ways...' I thought and put my head against the crook of his neck. "During the days where I was locked in the Shackling Prison, I didn't get the chance to visit that lively place. Even when I was freed from that dark prison, my eternal banishment was already declared. In the end, I got to see the beautiful flagship of the Luofu just once. Since then, I've always been on the run..."

"I see... I'm sorry you had to endure all of this on your own..." (M/N)'s face turned sad while he played with my long locks of hair.

"It's okay..." I muttered, burying my face against his chest. "I never thought I would ever return to the Luofu. But now that my banishment decree has been lifted, I thought that we could maybe explore that lively place together..." I looked up to meet his beautiful golden hues. "What do you think?"

My proposal earned a sweet smile from the raven haired. He stroked my head and said "Of course, Hengie. Let's explore Aurum Alley together tomorrow."

I gave (M/N) a grateful smile and pressed a kiss on his chin, muttering a "Thank you, love..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

And so, (M/N) and I stood in front of the entrance of Aurum Alley. Judging from how it's turned out to be, the people of the merchant guild have sure worked their butts off to make Aurum Alley lively as it was before their decline. The place was packed with food stalls, market booths were placed in lines and the streets were almost covered in adults and children playing with their (newly purchased) toys.

Aurum Alley's hustle and bustle has definitely made its successful return...

"Ready to go?" (M/N) asked with a soft smile. I smiled back and give his hand a gentle squeeze. "Yeah, let's go."