16 | Playful Banters Laced with Honesty

Emerald's POV

"Charm? Where are my designs from the past collection in 2019?" I called for her in my office rummaging through my files on my desk. I blew out the strand of hair trying to block my sight as I tried to remember the type of cut I had made for the centerpiece of the last crown I made for an heiress of a business tycoon in New York.

"You brought it home with you last month, miss." Charm replied, rushing to the office door to talk to me. I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Merda! I have to go back home! We have to cut the gems today for fuck's sake!" I cursed. I was completely stressed out with the delay we had. The Royal Family just brought the diamonds they wanted for the crown today when it could have been sent two days ago. The massage I had the day after Axel went to my penthouse for the first time was completely obliterated by today's events.

"Ma'am, I can go find those files for you." She offered and I gave her a look. Was she serious?

"Charm, we both know no one but me will go to my room, no?" I raised a brow at her and she looked down on the floor with guilt.

"I'm sorry. I... I just want to help, miss." Her shaky voice made me let out a breath of frustration.

"It's fine. Okay. Go meet the team and tell them to wait for me, okay? I need this to be perfect." I grabbed my keys and my purse and started to walk towards the door.

"Noted, ma'am." She straightened her back and began to call for my staff to the conference room.

"Make sure everything is ready in the lab before I arrive, okay? Make sure everything is in order in the conference room. Technical team should be high and alert today.:" I ordered and she quickly nodded, her attention laser-focused.

"You know the drill, Charm. Let's make our team proud." I patted her shoulder before I left her to tend to my team while I was gone.

"Where are we going?" Axel flipped his phone before putting it in the inside pocket of his suit jacket. He fixed his navy blue tie as if it was crooked. Nothing is crooked with the way he looked today. Everything was perfect with him. Clean. Cut to perfection. As usual, every customer I had was pulled to him and I don't even know now if they were coming into my building for my crowns or just to ogle at him.

"I want to put a crown brooch on you." I remarked before passing him to go to the parking lot.

"Stressed out so much you care about my appearance?"

"When didn't I care?" I snapped at him and he just smirked at me while he continued to follow me.

"You're in a mood today."

"Tell that to your boss. I can't believe they expect me to finish everything on time when they are the ones who delay everything." I grumbled, stomping my way to my red Audi.

"Hey. Hey. Emeralda?" He called for me and I started to storm off, pissed at everything. Him just calling me now pissed me the fuck out.

"Just follow me, Axel. I have shit ton to do." I huffed out, fumbling with my phone.

"Hey." I felt his hand on my right shoulder and I turned towards him. I knew it wasn't his fault but he should stay away from me before I become a bitch. I stared at him and then to his hand. When did he have the authority to just touch me so casually like this?

"Axel, I swear to God, let me go or I will punch you." I warned him to stay away and he let me go. I was about to turn again and walk when I felt his hand around my elbow. A gasp escaped my lips and I glared at him.