8 | The Voice of Temptation

Emerald's POV

It was night time already when I woke up. The breeze made me tug the sheets tighter to my body and the air made me calm and relaxed. I looked at the sliding glass door on my left and it was opened ajar making the wind come in and made the long white curtains dance. The lamp on the bedside table was the only light open except for the moonlight that slightly peeked in the room. I took the time to scan the room and realized Axel's room looked like a rest house fit for a bachelor. With its rich wooden floor, the wooden walls and the cozy style that screamed masculinity made it easy to say that it was a man's cabin. I looked around and noticed how he liked to keep things neutral with the colors brown, black and white perfectly coordinating with his cabin. He has great taste, I thought to myself. I slipped out of his black sheets and stepped on the cold floors. I hugged myself feeling the cold pinch my skin harshly as I passed by the large glass door. For a man who was private, he's a big fan of large glass windows and doors. I was about to touch the black handle of the door to close it when a tall shadow of a man suddenly approached me from the outside at the balcony.

"You're awake." His familiar deep voice made me shudder.

"Yeah."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. I feel better now." I replied and he looked at me, assessing me like some sort of object and I held myself tighter.

"Sorry. I'll bring you a sweater." He spoke as he closed the door, the light clicking sound making me know it has an automatic lock.

"Thanks."

"You know what? You should take a shower. Shower's on the right." He looked at me again and I raised a brow at him.

"You like what you see?" I teased and he just chuckled before shaking his head. I'm really shameless sometimes... well, most of the time.

"Go. Fresh towels are there. I'll put some clothes on the bed and I'll wait for you in the kitchen." He instructed as he began opening and searching for clothes in his closet.

"Roger boss." I saluted and he laughed again before throwing me a small bag.

"What's this?" I gasped the moment I opened it. How the fuck-

"I made someone bring your essentials from your home. I know you need your kit for your face and all and all I have here are my stuff."

"You brought my toothbrush?" I asked as I began rummaging the bag.

"No. I have new ones in the cabinet." He pointed at the bathroom.

"Okay. Thanks!" I beamed and he stopped what he was doing and faced me with a smile.

"My pleasure." He gave me this boyish smile that made him look younger and not a killer.

"You look good when you smile. Smile often? Might dig some chicks up." With that remark, I turned on my heels and went to the bathroom.

"I don't need chicks!" I heard him shout his reply just as I was about to close the door.

"Well, you're going to grow old alone!" I shouted back before closing the door. I heard him say something but it was muffled and I couldn't help but chuckle. At least I got the last word tonight.

By the time I finished showering and having my skincare routine finished, I can hear the silverwares clinking and thumping together. I went to where the sound was coming from. It sounded like someone was angry at setting up the table. I noticed that the kitchen and his dining area were combined as I walked around the house. Makes sense. It's a cabin after all, stupid bitch.