19 | Summer Heat

19 | Summer Heat

Emerald's POV

"Looks like you had a great night, Signorina. You're glowing!" My secretary commented in a soft voice, giggling while she gave me the report for the day.

"I would be lying if I say I didn't." She gushed some more at my reply.

"You look happy. Is someone making the Signorina Emeralda Sia Sanchez happy?" She raised a brow. I couldn't help but let out a laugh, heat creeping up to my cheeks.

"You could say that." I bit my lip. I remember the night I spent with Max. I could still remember his touches, his kisses... skin pounding, heart-racing... That hot intense night that made me crave for him more. A shiver traveled down my spine at the thought. Dio! I miss him already.

"Oh my God! I'm so happy for you, signorina!" She gushed again like a teenager, her heels tapping on the floor loudly with excitement.

"Hush, Charm! Someone might hear you!" I waved a hand at her to stop.

"Oh! Sorry." She covered her mouth with both hands, giggling. I rolled my eyes at her, completely entertained by her actions.

"How is the team doing?" I changed the subject as I looked further through the reports.

"Everything is going smoothly. Will you be able to check on them later or do you have any other plans?" She tapped on her iPad while waiting for my response.

"I will be there. Just make sure to prepare the equipment I will use when going to the lab. The intern forgot my gloves once when I went there. I don't want that to happen again." Her brows furrowed for a second before nodding.

"Of course, ma'am. I'll give them the talk later. So sorry for the error." I waved a hand at her lightly, shaking my head while smiling.

"Don't be too harsh on them. This project alone is complete torture for them especially the interns. I don't want more toxicity in it." She nodded once more, completely understanding my request. She knew I can be harsh with my words that's why she also toughened up on the job. She knew how things work and what I like in here that's why she's been with me for a long time.

"I understand. Excuse me, Signorina." When she left the office, the room was in complete and total silence. Shifting my gaze to my office, I kept thinking how far my company has gone now. Three years ago, I started with a team of five trusted colleagues and our business was only in this small establishment that could only fit a maximum of six people.

I looked at the contract I was about to sign.

Emeralda Sia Sanchez

CEO

Corona Company

I knew I was more than privileged. Despite keeping my own name my parents have found me with, they never failed to be supportive with whatever I wanted in life. Once my brother has established his own company and has made millions with his empire, he showered me with everything I wanted like a good brother that he is. He gave me the money to continue my business and ensured that I will make it on top. I smiled at the memory of him giving me a hundred million dollar check to buy this luxurious building my company has now settled in. He sometimes beat himself for not doing his best but little did he know he makes a difference to my life and everyone else.

With a smile, I signed the contract in agreement to another luxury brand to collaborate with my brand. People have believed in me and I should do the same. I should continue to be the rich bitch of Italy and prove that I am not just a socialite whose name got known because of the Carini empire.