17 | Commanding Temptations

Emerald's POV

"Let's go inside?" He asked, letting my hand go. I cleared my throat, completely flustered by the intensity we both shared for each other.

"O-of course, Your Highness." I replied and he walked first before I followed him behind. Charm caught my gaze upon her and I knew she wanted to ask what just happened. She never saw me have any exchange such as what Max and I shared whenever I had a client. Just by the looks of her, she knew something was going on behind the curtains.

"Not now, Charm." I whispered to her the moment she got close to me. She quickly nodded, understanding the situation and we silently followed the prince to my conference room. Once we arrived, another Swedish man came to open the doors while someone already inside the room announced our arrival. Everyone was silent and I was curious as to how Max can command the room without even lifting a finger or telling them what to do.

"Your Highness." My employees who were working for me stood from their seats and greeted the Prince. Some curtsied, some took a bow while the others just tried to get themselves together by doing a mix of both actions making them look silly.

"I would like to thank each and everyone of you for helping the Crown have another symbolic representation of our country. By all means, we will provide you with the utmost care and respect for taking on such a challenging task at such a short notice." He spoke so eloquently and everybody listened, including me.

"Let us know what you need and we will provide it. Thank you for the hard work." He smiled at the end of his short speech and everybody clapped, including me. Dio! He's a stuff of dreams. Speaks like he has done it since birth, has the confidence that I couldn't fathom to have, the dominance I yearned to taste, and the charm I wanted to drown into for days. I shouldn't be surprised. He's the prince after all. But, he's only human. Not some sort of immaculate divinity that has no flaws. He must have flaws.

"I will be with you for the next couple of days. The Queen has assigned me to look after the creation of the Crown. I expect you all to be at your best." He commanded and everyone gave a firm yes to him.

"Alright! Thank you for giving me the time to share the news with you. I will be leaving you with your boss." He smiled at me and I waved at him proudly.

"Thank you, Your Highness. Well, since we are ready to start the production of the most significant crown we will make in the company, prepare to have the torture of your lives because I will be with you through the process. Let's go!" The whole team laughed before applauding, clearly excited at the next step of our most important project ever to date in the history of CORONA. The team proceeded on going to the laboratory, everyone chattering, talking about the project with excitement sparking in their eyes. Clearly, they wanted to be a part of history and I couldn't be prouder to have the team I have chosen to work with.

"Can I have a word with you in private, Em?" The prince came to my side, his voice a whisper to my ear giving me goosebumps that sparked heat down my core.

"Oh! Of course." I smiled. I waved at everyone to start working on the crown.

"Show this to the team, Charm. They know what to do. I will be there shortly." I instructed her and she nodded, taking the file from me.

"Of course, miss. No problem."

"Let's go to my office." I gestured for him to go first since it is customary for a royal to walk first before anyone else.

"Let's go." His husky voice came as a surprise the way he grabbed my hand and pulled me by his side.

"Maximus!" I gasped feeling his hand snake around my waist, holding me close to him. He didn't say anything as he took me to my own office. The hallways were abandoned, leaving me with him in a state of ecstasy.