1 | Welcome to the Underworld

Emerald's POV

The music was booming and thumping against the walls and the floor. Sweaty bodies touched my skin and the smell of alcohol reeked. I danced the hell out, living like there's no tomorrow. Alcohol ran in my veins like poisonous blood, the music a seduction that made me sway my hips and the men around me made me want to sin.

"Bitch! Do you want men to melt at your feet?!" My best friend, Matt, shouted on my ear enough to hear him.

"Let me be, Matt." I turned my back to him and continued dancing to the beat. I groaned as I felt him grab my shoulder and turn me back around to face him again. I stopped dancing and gave him a murderous glare.

"It's really late, Em. We should go home now. You have work tomorrow." Matt raised his eyebrow with his index finger tapping on his watch. I scoffed, flipping my hair, annoyed that he was ruining all the fun.

"Let her have some fun, man." One man that had been dancing with me put his arm around my shoulders. I slapped his hand away and took a step back.

"Mind your fucking business." I snapped at the man and he laughed, shaking his head. He let me go and walked away leaving six men around me amused. But I wasn't. I wanted to relax but now, that won't happen.

"You're drunk. We're going home." Matt spoke firmly.

"It's clearly not enough to make your motherly care go away." I crossed my arms on my chest while Matt scoffed.

"Really? You have to give me that attitude? Come on! I'm taking you home." He grabbed my hand and began pulling me out of the dancing crowd. I could hear the men protest at Matt behind me but he just ignored them. Looking at the line of men I was with earlier, I regretted missing the chance to be with one of them. Damn. I wanted that blonde guy who was silent but hot.

"30 more minutes, Matt. Give me that. I've been stressed out thinking about my latest collection and I really need a break." I complained while he took me back to our booth to grab our things.

"Hell no!" He quickly answered and I yanked my hand off from his hold.

"Hell yes!"

"No."

"Yes."

"Bitch! I said no. No is no. You look like you'll have a terrible hangover tomorrow and we can't have that. You have work for fuck's sake!"

"And you clearly don't have a man in your arms right now so we need more time here. Come on!" I tried convincing him but he just got furious. He tugged me towards him harder, dragging me across the floor like a child.

"Do you want to go to work tomorrow with a fucking hangover?!" He exclaimed and I huffed out my frustration.

"It's not like we haven't done this multiple times." Yes, I was a bitch to my best friend who was looking after me right now but I didn't want anyone to baby me and look after me. I can handle myself.