2 | Burn the Witch

2 | Burn the Witch

Emerald's POV

"Who are you and what the fuck are you doing in my house?" The stranger in my house must have thought of my actions as ridiculous as he let out a small laugh. He faced me, clearly entertained by the show I was giving him. I didn't give a damn until I heard him speak again. His voice... Ah! A silky texture against my already hot body.

"I'm sorry if we met in a time like this. I have been assigned to protect you from people like the attackers from last night. I'm Axel. From now on, I will be your bodyguard."

"Bodyguard? I don't need one. Who hired you? Is it Emil?" I asked about my overprotective brother and he shook his head no, his mouth slightly crooked into a small smile, amusement clearly in his eyes. Nope. I'm not falling for his gorgeous face. For all I know, he might be pretending to be an innocent man when he's really one of the attackers.

"No. The Royal Family of Sweden has ordered me to come and protect you."

"The Royal- what?! What the fuck are you talking about?" The more he talked, the less that I trusted him. He's just talking nonsense now to save himself from my baseball bat, isn't he?

"Have you forgotten that tomorrow, you will be meeting with the royal designers to create a new crown for the Queen of Sweden?" Realization washed over me hearing his statement and I put the bat down.

"How did you know about that? How should I trust you? You can be someone from those intruders last night faking your identity." I still didn't trust him. What if he obtained that confidential information from an enemy and he had come to take the gems I would use for the crown. He stood there for a moment, thinking, and then he nodded at me before going to the kitchen. He put a frying pan on the sink and took his phone from the kitchen aisle. I stayed quiet as I watched him call someone.

"Alpha 1 reporting." He spoke in a firm tone and it made me weak. Gosh. This man has a powerful effect on me. He looked at me before he spoke again. I looked away, my eyes landing on my bat and played it while I waited for him to finish.

"Miss Emerald doesn't trust me yet because of what had happened last night. Permission to speak to a member of the Royal Family to explain this situation." Wait. Fuck! I was going to speak to a royal?!

"Here. You're going to speak to Queen Victoria since you don't believe a word I say." He said in the most serious tone I have ever heard and he gave me his phone. I held the baseball bat in one hand, the other holding the phone.

"Seriously?" He chuckled while I glared at him. No stranger has ever stepped foot in my house. My family were the only people allowed here. Having him here made every personal space in this house get violated.

"Good morning, Miss Emerald. I'm so sorry to get you in trouble because of our deal." I heard the Queen of Sweden speak to me and I held my breath.

"I hope you are okay after that horrible incident last night. How are you?" She spoke with such authority and yet there was a tinge of sweetness in her voice.