6 | When Lips Are Sealed

Emerald's POV

The sun hitting my eyes, blinding me by its rays peeking by my curtains. The wind blew softly making my white curtains dance and the air caressed my skin. I hummed and groaned, feeling my body sore and my head heavy. What did I do last night?

"Shit!" I gasped remembering a few moments I had last night. Why the fuck did I have to drink so heavily?! Stupid! I groaned again as I rose up from my bed and got out. I noticed that I haven't changed. I bet my make up was a mess. I sighed pushing myself to go to the bathroom and do my business. Who took me home last night? I was relieved that I haven't slept with anyone particularly a prince because that would be the death of me. I really need to control my drinking habits. My growing headache was killing me now and the impending doom of not knowing what I did last night was weighing me down. I really hope I did nothing that would affect my dignity. As I entered the bathroom, I went to the sink to wash my face.

"What the fuck?!" Who the fuck removed my make-up?! I must be hallucinating to see myself in the mirror with no make-up when it would be impossible for me to remove my make-up wasted last night. I touched my face clean of make-up. Like I was thoroughly cleansed out of make-up. I hurriedly did my morning routine before changing my clothes. Who the hell took me home last night? I walked out of my room and to the kitchen to find who I was with.

"Oh! You're awake." I stopped dead on my tracks and turned to my left praying this man didn't do anything inappropriate to me last night.

"Yeah. You took me home?" I asked the man who was relaxing in one of the winged chairs with coffee on the table and newspaper in his hands.

"Yeah."

"Why?" He placed the newspaper down on the table and stood up. He was already in his black suit that was clearly made for him. Why was he so early?

"It's my job." He replied.

"Ah!" My head spun again and I mentally cursed myself for drinking too much.

"You were wasted last night."

"No shit, Sherlock." I groaned while he chuckled. Great. He was entertained by my suffering.

"Come on. Let me help you. I have painkillers." He offered his hand for me. As much as I hated to say this, I needed help. I grabbed his hand and let him take me to the kitchen. My head was so heavy like it was filled with water.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He spoke and he pulled a chair for me to sit on. I slowly sat down feeling like my brain was going to drop any moment.

"Here. Take these," I heard him say and placed a glass of water together with the painkillers sitting on the saucer. He could have just given it to me instead of putting the pills in the saucer. Jeez.

"Thanks." I spoke before drinking the pills.

"Coffee?"

"Yes please. I think I'm going to die." I groaned again resting my head on the table and I heard him chuckle.

"I'm glad you find it funny." I shot him a look and he just shook his head, a smile clearly visible on his pretty face. Silence filled the room between us and all I could hear was him preparing the coffee.

"Who removed my make-up? Is it one of your staff?" I couldn't help but ask.

"No. It was me." I pushed myself to make me look at him. Hmmmm... He raised a brow at me as he gave my coffee.